I know it's been done before but... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
if you could make your own University Course up, what would it be? What would be the minimum of points to get to do it? Why would YOU take it?

If I could choose I'd say ermmmmmm, designing fairground rides.
You'd need at least an A in Graphics and Tech but also Maths and in FUN!(oh god how cheesy)
And I would take it because then I could claim all responsibilty for Pirates of The Carribean
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
if you could make your own University Course up, what would it be? What would be the minimum of points to get to do it? Why would YOU take it?

If I could choose I'd say ermmmmmm, designing fairground rides.
You'd need at least an A in Graphics and Tech but also Maths and in FUN!(oh god how cheesy)
And I would take it because then I could claim all responsibilty for Pirates of The Carribean
to do 'english & creative writing with history BA' you'd need two A grades in history and english and have an imagination like mine...!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
to do 'english & creative writing with history BA' you'd need two A grades in history and english and have an imagination like mine...!

lol....that's imaginative but not at the same time.....crazy.......
better than mine, I wouldn't even get onto my course!!!
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol....that's imaginative but not at the same time.....crazy.......
better than mine, I wouldn't even get onto my course!!!
A BA in Antique Furniture Design and Manufacture. Admission requirments? GSCE's in woodwork and history.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I would have a uni course that would have a section in skills such as shorthand, touchtyping, computer use etc and careers advice. Strange how most courses seem to forget that kind of stuff.

Circus skills and computer programming would be an interesting course dont you think.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
A BA in Antique Furniture Design and Manufacture. Admission requirments? GSCE's in woodwork and history.
oooh I like the sound of that...
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Party Planner BA which involved 3 years of hard playing and even harder partying?
With modules on names of alcohols and music.
With essays on how "If a tee totaller comes to your party, how can this adversly affect the karma?"
where you go and compile your own case studies of parties and then have to write a well informed disseratation on planning a party with a practical at the end and a hella good end of term party?

Entry Requirements: A need for fun or if under 18 a fake ID
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Imagine this in an exam

Jill is having a party, her flat has three rooms, her kitchen, bathroom and her bedroom. How can she fit more than 50 people into a space lessthan 500ft squared with minimum fire risks?

Jill could start by not just restricting her party to the rooms of her flat, for example there is all that space like cupboards, hallways, people's roofs......
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm sure they already run that course somewhere

A degree in wine tasting would be nice I quite fancy that.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
I'm sure they already run that course somewhere

A degree in wine tasting would be nice I quite fancy that.
that's a great idea...there should also be a degree in chocolate tasting...and it should last a lifetime, u only have to come in and taste and rate a few hours a week.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Suppose it would save a lot of cash on food but you'd look like a blimp afterward.
How about a BA in Resort Assessing
Basically for your 3 year course you are given free holidays to many wonderful locations and write condemning reports about them with your all inclusive bar bill.......mmmmmm
all you need is to be able to speak english hahaha
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
OOOh I'm an overlord in training and erm my nose has started bleeding....brb
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mmm nice yep a degree in choc tasting would go down well.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Suppose it would save a lot of cash on food but you'd look like a blimp afterward.
No it'd be perfect. I'm addicted to junkfood, especially chocolate, & have never really put on weight with my unhealthly diet. Rather feels like the opposite, whilst a lot of ppl moan about needing to go on a diet to lose wieght, i feel like moaning about how to gain weight cos it sucks being skinny the tasting chocolate BA might help...especially when i become a uni student this sept.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
Or a band appreciation BA (or BABA for short)

You pickyour favourite band in the world and have to go and see them every time they are in the country and learn everything about them and then your dissertation is the hardest part, you have to criticise them and say how they could improve...
thats not quite as good oh well
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A degree in sleep would be nice at the moment.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by waiting2smile)
No it'd be perfect. I'm addicted to junkfood, especially chocolate, & have never really put on weight with my unhealthly diet. Rather feels like the opposite, whilst a lot of ppl moan about needing to go on a diet to lose wieght, i feel like moaning about how to gain weight cos it sucks being skinny the tasting chocolate BA might help...especially when i become a uni student this sept.
Where you going?
I am hopefully going to LCP in LONDDONNNN, I <3 London
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by viviki)
A degree in sleep would be nice at the moment.
OOOOOH I AGREE

I've got Glandular Fever at the moment ie.big excuse to sleep lots
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Where you going?
I am hopefully going to LCP in LONDDONNNN, I <3 London
well i havn't had any offers yet, but i'd i really want to go to royal holloway, or reading (which is beautiful and great at english) or perhaps brunel which has a good creative writing course.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
OOOOOH I AGREE

I've got Glandular Fever at the moment ie.big excuse to sleep lots
Well I am getting over it, dont feel ill any more but get tired really easily. I've just finished a 4000 essay and have a 3000 in for monday. And big exams next week all I want to do is crawl under my duvet and sleep.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads