Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i kinda missed our sports and societies fair cuz of having major fever and having to go to doctors (thank god i actually signed up to on e:rolleyes: )
    Anyway..

I do like the sounds of joining the volunteering society, i'll just email them and see how. But.. has anyone got any experience of such a society?

Other societies have weekly events/socials, or every other week .. and stuff like that. Will the volunteering one be the same or will it just be 'we will email you when something comes up' .. cuz i want to use it for meeting people too not just the experience and stuff and getting an email a week asking if i'd like to volunteer at such and such crap events like i still do from Bristol when i volunteer'd then.

Any info be appreciated.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    So i kinda missed our sports and societies fair cuz of having major fever and having to go to doctors (thank god i actually signed up to on e:rolleyes: )
    Anyway..

I do like the sounds of joining the volunteering society, i'll just email them and see how. But.. has anyone got any experience of such a society?

Other societies have weekly events/socials, or every other week .. and stuff like that. Will the volunteering one be the same or will it just be 'we will email you when something comes up' .. cuz i want to use it for meeting people too not just the experience and stuff and getting an email a week asking if i'd like to volunteer at such and such crap events like i still do from Bristol when i volunteer'd then.

Any info be appreciated.
    Most uni societies have socials; where they go on pub crawls or meet in the students union for a drink. I've signed up for a volunteering society as well, and they emailed me a whole schedule of events they have planned. including plenty of saturday night socials.

You're best off just asking them though, because some of the societies don't.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.