Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hold on, to the feelin'?

ReputationRep:
    1- If I were you I would drop him. He's cheated on you twice (that you know of) and told you he wanted to break up with you. He sounds a lot like a manipulator but at the end of the day if you can forgive him and you love him that's up to you.
    2- Make it clear that you're through playing games with him and he needs to decide if he wants to be with you or not. If he truly cares about you but doesn't want to be involved he will give you the space you need and be honest with you. If he loves you then he's got a lot of growing up to do in terms of this on-off behaviour.
    3- If you decide to break up, then tell them (though I'm not sure it's anybody's business tbh). But if you aren't fully 100% behind breaking up with him don't let people know because it'll just cause drama if you decide to go back to him.

If you're struggling to stay friends with him (should you decide to break up) then tell him you need some time and space. If he doesn't let you have either then maybe you need to think about why you would want to be friends with someone that doesn't care enough to give you what you need.

In my honest opinion there's no excuse for cheating and I draw the line there.

ReputationRep:
    No, all he will do is keep you along for the 'nice' girlfriendy bits he gets, but when he cheats he will say that you knew all along that he wanted to see other people. If I were you, I would leave him, get over him, and then see if you want to be friends again in the future; although this can be stupidly hard to get to that point. You need to protect yourself and your heart, and being with someone who wants other people is not good for you at all. And you could be missing out on people who make you happy, so yeah think about what you want, and not giving him the best of both worlds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pudgies)
    Thanks guys, It's so hard when you love someone to get the a point where you just give up on them. I still have hope for us, but day by day this fades a little. Then hopefully I can move on I don't know how I'm going to tell my parents, all my 3 sisters have been with thier husbands since they were 17, so I think it was accepted me and him were for good

Your family will understand if they know why, believe me.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    What is it with TSR retards eh?> If someone cheats on ya why kid yaself? Just dump em and move on it's insanely easy you just need to realise that they are not feeling the same way towards you and not get too attached like like a loser!

ReputationRep:
    Lol some ****** negged me for speaking common sense to the OP. Gimme your name assbutt?

ReputationRep:
    You actually sound pretty needy tbh. The guy cheats on you twice and you're still considering getting back with him? Have some self-respect and tell him where to go, he clearly doesn't give a **** about your feelings or 'love' you for that matter.

Go for option 2, dump and ignore.

ReputationRep:
    ugh end it. The guy clearly doesn't give a toss about you - telling you he loves you and wants to marry you is a bunch of balls if he's sleeping with other people and has ended the relationship/ He's probably just got in to the habit of talking to you like that, feels good to feel wanted and wants to keep you on side for sex.

You either know all that and are pretty needy/half no self respect or you're a half wit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    ugh end it. The guy clearly doesn't give a toss about you - telling you he loves you and wants to marry you is a bunch of balls if he's sleeping with other people and has ended the relationship/ He's probably just got in to the habit of talking to you like that, feels good to feel wanted and wants to keep you on side for sex.

You either know all that and are pretty needy/half no self respect or you're a half wit.
    ^ Agreed. He cheated on you twice during freshers week and he'll be away to uni for months he will most likely do it again and again. Have some self respect and leave him.

ReputationRep:
    He's abusing you emotionally. Get out of the relationship. Now. You deserve better :console:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like it's already over.

What is there to 'believe' in? A guy cheats on you twice, tells you he doesn't want to be with you and that he's into someone else. WHY are you even hoping this guy will come round, why haven't you dumped him already? He's using you because you're making it so easy to be used. If it were me, I'd make it officially 'over' and find someone else who doesn't step all over my emotions. Be strong!

ReputationRep:
    I know it must be difficult but you must end this. His 'best friendship' is having his cake AND eating it. He still gets to have fun and sex with you when HE wants and shag around at the same time. Everyones awinner, except you. Don't let him use you like this x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.