Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm busy completing my UCAS application, in order to study in the UK in 2011. However, I'm unsure about a few points in my application.

Although I am a South African citizen and currently live in South Africa, I do have Cypriot (and thus EU) citizenship as well. However, I have not lived in European Union in the last 3 years. I am also planning on living with a family member, who has lived in the UK for many years and has UK citizenship, provided I am accepted.

The points in my application that I am having trouble with include:
    1) What would I mark as my nationality and what would be my dual nationality i.e. what would be preferable in my application?
    2) What would I choose as my residential category?
    3) Would I be required to fill in any passport details, as my 'permanent home' is currently outside the EU, seeing as I still am a EU citizen? I have never needed a visa for the UK as I always travel on my Cypriot passport...
    4) With regard to financing my studies. would I be required to pay my tuition as an international student or as an EU citizen?
    5) With regard to the 'Education' tab, I am unsure what is required...I will have completed my Year 12 National Senior Certificate (South African qualification equivalent to A-levels), as well as my VCE examinations. However, I have not done my AS or A-levels.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattApo)
    Hi, I'm busy completing my UCAS application, in order to study in the UK in 2011. However, I'm unsure about a few points in my application.

Although I am a South African citizen and currently live in South Africa, I do have Cypriot (and thus EU) citizenship as well. However, I have not lived in European Union in the last 3 years. I am also planning on living with a family member, who has lived in the UK for many years and has UK citizenship, provided I am accepted.

The points in my application that I am having trouble with include:
    1) What would I mark as my nationality and what would be my dual nationality i.e. what would be preferable in my application?
    2) What would I choose as my residential category?
    3) Would I be required to fill in any passport details, as my 'permanent home' is currently outside the EU, seeing as I still am a EU citizen? I have never needed a visa for the UK as I always travel on my Cypriot passport...
    4) With regard to financing my studies. would I be required to pay my tuition as an international student or as an EU citizen?
    5) With regard to the 'Education' tab, I am unsure what is required...I will have completed my Year 12 National Senior Certificate (South African qualification equivalent to A-levels), as well as my VCE examinations. However, I have not done my AS or A-levels.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

You should call UCAS and ask them these questions...

ReputationRep:
    1) If you're born in South Africa then that would be your nationality. You can enter your EU nationality as your second one as well.
    2) International (since you don't currently live in the EU and will not have lived there for 3 years prior to starting your degree).
    3) You don't need to put your passport details on your UCAS application (as far as I remember, there are even no places to do that).
    4) You will have to pay international fees because you don't meet the residency requirements (being an EU citizen alone is not enough).
    5) You have to enter all the qualifications you hold or are expected to gain. There's a long list of qualifications for you to browse, if the South African qualification isn't one of them then just choose 'other' and enter your details there.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.