Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Qube Learning wants my national insurance number watch

ReputationRep:
    I just got a text from "Leigh at Qube Learning" asking me to text her my nin

I didn't, obviously

but why would she want it? Odd woman.

I checked out the website too, and it doesn't look like its been updated for a while... -shrug-

Also, kind of a warning to anyone else who gets the text, don't give it out

(Probably the wrong board, I just couldn't see a suitable one)

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

As the Commercial Director at Qube Learning I would like to respond to your post.

The reason why we need a NIN for each learner we enrol onto a programme is because the course is funded by the government (either through the 'Train to Gain' or 'Apprenticeship' scheme). The government requires that we submit a NIN with each learner to ensure that the funding is being drawn down by eligible members of the UK public.

Hopefully this clarifies your concerns - if you have any further questions then please don't hesitate to get in touch with our head office.

You are correct about our website being out of date - we are in the process of having it updated and this should go live before Christmas.

Thanks,

Sam

ReputationRep:
    Is text message the most professional and secure way to obtain this information?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 23, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.