Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, sorry if this is a bit of a repeat subject, but i'm looking for a bit of advice on a photography portfolio.

Not ure exactly what course, or where i'm looking at going yet but want to get sorted so i'm ready for interviews and stuff. I've just finished a National Diploma in art and design, and I also have 3 AS levels.

Really not sure where to start with it, any advice would be appreciated! I have a general A2 fine art portfolio which I put together while I was at college, which consists of digital pieces, mixed media, still life drawings etc. Any of that likely to be relevent?

Thanks, jaz x

ReputationRep:
    Uni's like to see loads of different stuff! My main portfolio was my A-level art work with my textiles portfolios as sketchbooks and I was applying for fashion. I realised after a while that most uni's thought that my art stuff was more relevent than my fashion based stuff! You need to show a range of art skill and development. A range medias is also brilliant. They like to see loads of different stuff so they can make the descion. The more you show uni's (maybe not as your portfolio, put you best stuff there and everything else in sketchbooks!) the more they will understand you and your art and be able to see you potentional.

Good luck!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.