Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi So I've been thinking of doing this course at Greenwich next year. I am aware that it is not in the highest of places on league tables and is not a uni that people think of first to do their studies. However, the website's description of this course has impressed me. I'm just a little unsure whether to put it down because people seem to say loads of bad stuff about it :eek3:

Could people who have been there, or know people who have been there, please give me an insight on what the uni is actually like. I just ask one thing... please can you give me reasons for why you have the opinion that you do!!! Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    I haven't done the French option, but I'm doing the primary PGCE here. Personally, I think the university is really good for primary teaching. League tables should be taken with a pinch of salt - the most important thing is your school experience, as it won't matter where you've done your PGCE when you're looking for jobs. The tutors are really good and supportive and being in London means you get a varied school experience, to prepare you for teaching. I would suggest you do your PGCE in an area you are wanting to get a job in, as it will mean you know the area and the schools better, as well as being easier to go to interviews and look around schools

If you've got some more specific questions, I'll gladly answer them

ReputationRep:
    Thanks xKTx, that's really helpful! How did you find the application process to Greenwich? Also, what experience did you have on application? Thank you for your help

If anyone else would like to share their views about Greenwich, good or bad, I would love to hear them!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    The application process was fine, altho Greenwich admin in general isn't great :p: The school of education is good tho. I had two terms volunteering in a dsylexia unit for one day a week, along with a year working as a TA (altho when I applied it was only a couple of months)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.