Turn on thread page Beta

The official UK Top 40 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.theofficialcharts.com/

Of the top ten I'm liking...

Bruno Mars - I think all his songs have been amazing but you have to give him credit for the artistic skills he's got with the pictures in this videos. I think he's creative, different and can sing.

Katy Perry - Teenagers can relate to her. It's no different for me.

Script - I love this video. It's as brilliant as Use Someboy by Kings Of Leon. I find the girl in this video fit as well.

Eminemt FT Rihanna - One of the tracks of the year for me so far. It is very poweful considering it goes back to Rihanna's domestic abuse at the hands of Chris Brown. I love the whole recovery album tbh.

That is who I like. What about others?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't heard of half of them.

I think the way the charts are judged needs to be changed.. Maybe incorporate Spotify.

ReputationRep:
    Are you another one that is part of the chart hater bridgade?

Do you like any of the tracks on there?

ReputationRep:
    You can relate to Katy Perry? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    ^

What's funny about that?

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad the Script are holding on & that The Saturdays new song is climbing.

I also love 'Love the way you lie', but it's been hanging round the top 40 and top 10 for so bleedin long I really couldn't care where it's charting anymore.

ReputationRep:
    ^
    Agree on The Script and The Saturdays. I love 'Missing You' and 'Ego' by them as well. You won't find many sexier girls than them.

Love The Way You Lie has been hanging around for so long because like all the good songs and big artists they're popular!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Rhianna deserved to get ***** slapped by Breezy. So yeah that song is funny.

ReputationRep:
    ^

That is a disgustingly vile comment to make. Even if Rihanna did wind Chris up until he cried that doesn't condone him hitting her. There is no place for men domestically abusing woman in this society, nor is there vice versa!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniFix)
    http://www.theofficialcharts.com/

Of the top ten I'm liking...

Bruno Mars - I think all his songs have been amazing but you have to give him credit for the artistic skills he's got with the pictures in this videos. I think he's creative, different and can sing.

Katy Perry - Teenagers can relate to her. It's no different for me.

Script - I love this video. It's as brilliant as Use Someboy by Kings Of Leon. I find the girl in this video fit as well.

Eminemt FT Rihanna - One of the tracks of the year for me so far. It is very poweful considering it goes back to Rihanna's domestic abuse at the hands of Chris Brown. I love the whole recovery album tbh.

Sorry but cant stand any of the music the top 40.

ReputationRep:
    It was her fault tho.

ReputationRep:
    ^
    As I said nothing she did condones his disgusting, thuggish behaviour!

ReputationRep:
    The Script, Eminem, Katy B, Yolando be cool, Brandom flowers, SHM, Example, MSP.

But tbf, I would much rather listen to an album, than a bunch of random singles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniFix)
    Apart from Katy Perry and Eminem, I'm loving Katy B - Katy on a Mission
    I quite like Alors On Danse, but that's probably because I love French.
    Flo Rida, Eliza Doolittle and B.o.B & Hayley Williams are good too atm.

Missing Andy are the best though!!! They're amazing and they're local too :love:

ReputationRep:
    Of all the top 40 I like Eminiem and rhiana, and B.O.B and hayley williams.

Most chart music is gash, overproduced, pop music with more marketing than talent.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, most all of it is pretty ****.

ReputationRep:
    I like the Script (well their new song and The Man Who Can't Be Moved) and Katy Perry. However, I'm not a fan of "Love The Way You Lie" and think Bruno Mars's new song is OK, not No 1 worthy though (if you consider the No 1 spot to be prestigious).

Start Without You is decent.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah those are good songs although a lot of the music in the charts is so ****

ReputationRep:
    personally I like quite a few of the songs in the top 40. I hate that it is now dominated by x factor winners and runner ups. I thought the last song by alexandra burke was just awful and cheesy and the song by olly murs is just cheesy but unsurprising both got to number one. getting to number one in the charts used to mean somthing but x factor domination has changed that.

I love the eminem and rihanna song. Such an amazing powerful song with great emotion. I like the katy perry song teenage dream. its such a cute fun song. shontelle's new one is also nice but the lyrics are nothing special, kesha's latest take it off is also good. I love kesha's music. there isn't anyone else like her right now. The saturdays are also great. I love their music but they overuse the autotune and only vanessa the lead singer can actually sing. The BOB song with hayley williams is the best in the charts in my opinion. A great collaboration which really works. I love hayley in paramore and thought she was great here too. she's so pretty!

ReputationRep:
    I've not heard the top 33.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.