Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzureMews)
    Haven't heard of half of them.

I think the way the charts are judged needs to be changed.. Maybe incorporate Spotify.
    It isn't 'judged'. It is based on the number of times the single is bought, I can't see that it can be made any fairer than that. The problem lies with the people who buy the singles.
    How would you suggest incorporating Spotify? It would then be unfair to people who prefer other streaming services, there would have to be measures in place to prevent it from counting the same person listening to one song on repeat, all day. With it being a free service, people could create multiple accounts and listen to the same song on each to boost the play count. People could get their friends to listen to the song. It won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    I normally generally like chart music, but this year it's been so samey and boring and generic, even for me . Thank goodness for last.fm, eh? :p:

This week's chart songs I'm really not feeling that much. I mean, a lot are just OK, a bit meh, but nothing I really love there. I'd say though, my fave song on the top 40 most definitely has to be Pack Up by Eliza Doolittle, I'm really loving her at the moment

ReputationRep:
    Who the **** is Bruno Mars!?

Gotta love a bit of Yolanda Be Cool though. That, Katy Perry, The Saturdays and Usher are the only acceptable ones in the top 40. Oh yeh and B.o.B. + Hayley Williams

ReputationRep:
    I like Yolanda Be Cool, it is stupid but such a funny,catchy tune. The Saturdays are what I call hot, I might just goin ring up Frankie now. B.O.B and Hayley williams are great as well, Hayley looks gorgeous in that vid. Usher's new track is dreadful with that hideous Pitbull, I like OMG though!

OMG to some of the reactions to my thread as well. Lol

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of eminem feat rihanna.. I didnt know charlie from LOST had a thing going with Megan Fox.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.