Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I just needed to ask if I have filled out the information correctly on my UCAS information. I have finished my A2 levels in August 2010 with A in Maths, B in Biology and a B in Economics at my college. I'm planning to revise at home from now until January 2011 for my resits: 2 modules in Biology and 1 in economics. However, I am planning to do the resits using my previous college I attended from 2008-2010 (Obviously I am on a gap year now). Have I filled out the information correctly to demonstrate this?

Thanks.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    looks like it, thats how ucas told me to do it, btw have you seen this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post27089506 for reapplicants!

ReputationRep:
    Economics and Bioplogy appear twice, they shouldn't it should just be that you put in your module results and then the ones you are retaking you put as pending and the final grade is pending.
    Both Biology and Economics should be in 01/11. Otherwise I think thats fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallout201)
    Hello, I just needed to ask if I have filled out the information correctly on my UCAS information. I have finished my A2 levels in August 2010 with A in Maths, B in Biology and a B in Economics at my college. I'm planning to revise at home from now until January 2011 for my resits: 2 modules in Biology and 1 in economics. However, I am planning to do the resits using my previous college I attended from 2008-2010 (Obviously I am on a gap year now). Have I filled out the information correctly to demonstrate this?

Thanks.
    Seems correct to mee.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I got conflicting advice lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisa17)
    Economics and Bioplogy appear twice, they shouldn't it should just be that you put in your module results and then the ones you are retaking you put as pending and the final grade is pending.
    Both Biology and Economics should be in 01/11. Otherwise I think thats fine.
    Not if the A-level qualification has already been certified.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've done it right.

You should have filled in biology and economics in the same as you have for the ones awarded in 2010 and instead left the modules you are resitting as pending.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, I got conflicting advice lol
    You me, and the others in the thread that agreed are correct.

The one saying biology and economics should only appear once is wrong, because you must delcare grades you have been awarded.

ReputationRep:
    Thats how I did it.
    It's fine.

You put the actual grade + the pending in case you are planning on applying for uni that require the grades you already have, so they can give you an unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bax-man)
    Not if the A-level qualification has already been certified.
    Well, it won't be a seperate qualification just because you resat a module, so I would only enter them once. Otherwise it looks like you've done the whole thing twice!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for some ABB universities, so I thought I would need to declare that I achieved ABB so I could get unconditional offers from those universities and conditional offers from universities that require higher grades.

ReputationRep:
    Look around on the UCAs website, or (I assume your applying through a school/college) try and talk to the person at your school/college who sends the applications to UCAS. Or e-mail UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it won't be a seperate qualification just because you resat a module, so I would only enter them once. Otherwise it looks like you've done the whole thing twice!
    It's not but that's how you are supposed to put them.
    I know this because I have to fill the Ucas application in for the second time already.

Have you actually made an application or are you just giving your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for some ABB universities, so I thought I would need to declare that I achieved ABB so I could get unconditional offers from those universities and conditional offers from universities that require higher grades.
    That is correct.
    take a look at this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...372838&page=45

ReputationRep:
    And in a sense that is exactly what has happened. You have to declare the grade of everything that has been certificated, and then declare what you have still to take (or re-take). If this means some things go in twice, so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanischa)
    Have you actually made an application or are you just giving your opinion?
    Yes I have made an application - and that is how I was told to do it by my centre. But I didn't do any resits - it's just others in my year who are!

So:p:

ReputationRep:
    Then not really in position to give advice on that topic then
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think thats right, but just check with your school/UCAS to deffinately make sure its right.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.