Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you tag yourself in your Facebook photos? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So, those of you who have Facebook know that you can tag people in photos, including yoruself. To be honest, I've tagged myself in a few photos, but I'm starting to wonder if it's a bit silly, really, since the photos are on your site anyway and people can view the album on your page.

Discuss whether you tag yourself and whether you think tagging yourself in your own photos is normal/desperate/shallow/pointless or just down right retarded.

ReputationRep:
    No, definitely not. It screams "LOOK AT ME!" Actually, I think they've stopped displaying who tagged you in photos now, anyway, so you'd probably be able to get away with it.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't care if people do or don't

ReputationRep:
    I've really never given it any thought

ReputationRep:
    course i do, then its easy to choose a new profile pic instead of searching through albums...

ReputationRep:
    I do, it shows up in the 'Pictures of You' part and makes it easier for profile pictures etc. Personally I look through the pictures of someone rather than all of their albums at first as it gives a more immediate idea of them.

ReputationRep:
    I do. I just thought that if I'm tagging other people in a picture, I may as well tag myself.

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought it was kind of pointless, really.

Erm occassionally, usually if there is a photo I like of me that someone hasn't tagged, usually albums when out when some mug takes about 350 photos.
    If it was my album, then defo no, hate people who just upload their own album then proceed to tag themselves in every photo they are in.

ReputationRep:
    Who gives a ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollo)
    I do, it shows up in the 'Pictures of You' part and makes it easier for profile pictures etc. Personally I look through the pictures of someone rather than all of their albums at first as it gives a more immediate idea of them.
    ^Exactly this. I just tag everyone in my photos as standard. It's a great perk of Facebook photo albums to quickly sort photos by who is in them. I like looking through my boyfriend's photos of himself, for example :p:. I can't imagine why you would tag other people but not yourself... it just seems like a desperate and OTT attempt to not appear a certain way.

Now what is silly is when people trawl through other people's photos to untag themselves.

...Oh and the 'photos of you and ...' is also a nice feature .

ReputationRep:
    pretty standard, I don't see the point of people on the internet being able to view hundreds of photos of yourself in your life, seems a bit intrusive. Saying that I have loads of photos tagged, very few tagged by me, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    no, if other people want to tag me thats fine, but i really don't give a **** one way or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think it's nice to have the tag as long as the pics aren't too bad. For example you could be looking for someone on facebook and you can find them directly from the tag.

Another thing is seeing photos from other peoples albums that they have uploaded of you. It's an easy way to establish pictures of you. Especially when your in need of a new profile pic! lol!

I think I have tagging OCD though, I like to have everyone tagged

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I tag myself. When I go on other peoples profile pages I don't search through their albums to find photos of them, I just click on "Photos of Blabla (162)" or something.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't, and it really bugs me when my friends go tagging my albums thinking they're being helpful and tagging me as well :\ I only want them ONCE on my profile, so that's either in one of my albums OR in the tagged photos album. No need for both really.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I let the ladies tag me. :pimp: It's their job.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    If I'm tagging an album I've uploaded I won't tag everyone else and then miss myself out; but at the same time I don't root through albums tagging myself.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do. If I'm tagging others in an album, why not tag myself too? I don't see how it's in any way desperate or attention seeking..

ReputationRep:
    If the picture's something I uploaded that's sufficiently good, then probably.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.