Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question. My 16-18 Oyster expires tomorrow on the 30th. Does that mean i'll still be able to use it tomorrow until midnight?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'd take some money as well tho, just in case. What are you going to replace it with...you may as well replace it earlier tomorrow if your just going to buy a regular one, that way you won't end up stuck.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure when it expires it starts charging adult fares, I might be wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so messed, mine is expiring to :sad:

I have to pay for buses now :cry:

ReputationRep:
    bump I need to know the solid answer.

ReputationRep:
    would the balance on the old card transfer to the new one?

ReputationRep:
    If it expires on the 30th, you can use it on the 30th, up until midnight when it turns into the 1st.

I really miss mine Free bus travel was amazing while I had it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    I'm so messed, mine is expiring to :sad:

I have to pay for buses now :cry:
    Use your friends/families oysters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    Just a quick question. My 16-18 Oyster expires tomorrow on the 30th. Does that mean i'll still be able to use it tomorrow until midnight?
    Yes you can use it till mid night, apply for a 18+ oyster you get 30% off travel fares.

tfl it

(Original post by DukeNewcomb)
    I'm pretty sure when it expires it starts charging adult fares, I might be wrong though.
    Nope the card it self expires on the same day so the card wont even register even if theirs money on it

ReputationRep:
    No, you won't be able to use it tomorrow (the 30th). I tried it last year and it flashed red on all the buses - they let me on anyway though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spexzzz)
    Yes you can use it till mid night, apply for a 18+ oyster you get 30% off travel fares.

tfl it
    Cant really do that, im on a gap year so wont be getting any sort of discount

ReputationRep:
    you can top it up and apparently it's only 65p per swipe.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14415.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ella37)

But my card itself expires on the 30th, so I wont be able to top it up

(Original post by starofale)
    No, you won't be able to use it tomorrow (the 30th). I tried it last year and it flashed red on all the buses - they let me on anyway though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmyname)
    But my card itself expires on the 30th, so I wont be able to top it up
    ohh. cause mine expires on march, but my free travel expires today (30th).
    you should still be able to use it today though, i think.
    or just apply for the normal oyster! a lil cheaper than paying single fares.

ReputationRep:
    Quit complaining. My oyster card costs £1,904 annually.

ReputationRep:

nah when the card expires thats it, it won't work any more. And that price list is misleading. (not saying your wrong for posting it, it is wrong) I have a 16-18 oyster card and it costs me 90p a journey in off peak times and £1.10 (outside of zone 1)/£1.20 (zone 1) in peak times, so I usually get charged £2 a day or sometimes even £2.10.
    And its also more expensive using it on national rail which that doesn't mention. The last time I was charged 60p for a journey was when I had an 11-15 one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    nah when the card expires thats it, it won't work any more. And that price list is misleading. (not saying your wrong for posting it, it is wrong) I have a 16-18 oyster card and it costs me 90p a journey in off peak times and £1.10 (outside of zone 1)/£1.20 (zone 1) in peak times, so I usually get charged £2 a day or sometimes even £2.10.
    And its also more expensive using it on national rail which that doesn't mention. The last time I was charged 60p for a journey was when I had an 11-15 one.
    oh shame.. i just checked, it does expire today. i thought it was the same as last years', where free travel expires on the 30th, but the actual card expires on your 18th bday. my bad.
    isn't there a price cap when you use it?

ReputationRep:
    oh shame.. i just checked, it does expire today. i thought it was the same as last years', where free travel expires on the 30th, but the actual card expires on your 18th bday. my bad.
    isn't there a price cap when you use it?
    I'm not sure

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.