Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

University entry Requirements Help!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is there any chance on earth that i can get an offer by Univeristies with Entry requirements of BBB with predicted grades of BBC, i do Maths, economics and English
    i have a pretty good PS, i'd get very good recommendations and GCSE's are V good also.
    i know the answers probably no, but has anyone ever been offered a place with lower predicted grades than the Uni's minimum grades
    thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Last year I was predicted B/C in my subjects and I got offers from ABB entry requirements

ReputationRep:
    I was predicted BBC and I got an offer of BBB

depend on who else applies really
    deffo wont offer you lower then advertised but will offer you higher then predicted grades, just be aware that it will be hard work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MM1234)
    Last year I was predicted B/C in my subjects and I got offers from ABB entry requirements
    wow really, where do you go?

ReputationRep:
    Well One would have to check your PS and know your course details to inform you on your situation. Message me your PS and tell me what course you want to do, and I'll give you a better idea on your chances.

ReputationRep:
    What were your AS's if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samhoy87)
    I was predicted BBC and I got an offer of BBB

depend on who else applies really
    deffo wont offer you lower then advertised but will offer you higher then predicted grades, just be aware that it will be hard work
    ohh right, its economics so it might be too competitve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhianne1231)
    What were your AS's if you don't mind me asking?
    BCC, english economics, maths

ReputationRep:
    worth a shot though, just make sure you choose a realistic insurance offer

Yeah, there is a very reasonable chance of univeristies offering you BBB with BBC as you're predicited grades. It's not always the univerisites 'minimum' grades though, often it's the typical offer

Also, please don't bump your thread after only a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLandersUK)
    wow really, where do you go?
    Unfortunately I missed my offers as I got ABC so I'm reapplying (also I got cccd at AS). I had offers for Aerospace Engineering at Sheffield, Loughborough and Surrey; Mechanical Engineering at Warwick and Sussex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    Yeah, there is a rvery easonable chance of univeristies offering you BBB with BBC as you're predicited grades. It's not always the univerisites 'minimum' grades though, often it's the typical offer

Also, please don't bump your thread after only a few minutes.
    cool, i might give it a shot on one or two uni's, lol i was too impatient to wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LLandersUK)
    Is there any chance on earth that i can get an offer by Univeristies with Entry requirements of BBB with predicted grades of BBC, i do Maths, economics and English
    i have a pretty good PS, i'd get very good recommendations and GCSE's are V good also.
    i know the answers probably no, but has anyone ever been offered a place with lower predicted grades than the Uni's minimum grades
    thanks in advance!
    Im in the same position as you !! I have AAB predictions but I want to get into Imperials Chemistry which is AAA! Not sure if I should even bother

ReputationRep:
    There good! So you'd only have to bring the two Cs up to Bs. I don't know whether your re-sitting or anything but it might be an idea to declare the B on your UCAS form (in AS's) and put the other too as pending if you re-sit. But I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with BBC predicted I'm sure you'd get a BBB offer from somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhianne1231)
    There good! So you'd only have to bring the two Cs up to Bs. I don't know whether your re-sitting or anything but it might be an idea to declare the B on your UCAS form (in AS's) and put the other too as pending if you re-sit. But I don't think you'll have too much of a problem with BBC predicted I'm sure you'd get a BBB offer from somewhere.
    yeah i am resitting a couple to bring them up to B's,(hopefully). thanks, i think i'm going to apply to 2 BBB courses and the rest lower, thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Your welcome!

Yeah I was going to say don't be afraid to aim a little higher for your choices, just make sure you have one or two insurance choices of BBC or BCC. (Would take the pressure off next year as well.)

Good luck!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.