Turn on thread page Beta

How long from signing decleration til you get loan watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Once I sign the decleration how long will it take to get my funding

ReputationRep:
    You have to go to the uni and have them scan the barcode on your letter. Then it takes 2 to 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    i dont mean the attendance registering part

i mean the entitlement letter-they send that out and then you have to sign a decleration, how long does it take from then

ReputationRep:
    Basically the declaration is you agreeing to the terms and conditions, they usually register it a day or two after you send it, but you need to have your barcode scanned to get any funding, and once you've done that it takes 3 - 4 days.

ReputationRep:
    ok cool thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I didn't know we had to get a barcode signed. Thats annoying. I still haven't received my declaration letter yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Oooh I didn't know we had to get a barcode signed. Thats annoying. I still haven't received my declaration letter yet
    Your letter with the barcode comes in the same envelope as the declaration, you'll know when you see it.

ReputationRep:
    hope the whole process doesnt take too long i need monies lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DukeNewcomb)
    Your letter with the barcode comes in the same envelope as the declaration, you'll know when you see it.
    Ah I see, annoyingly my SF stuff will come to my hometown and not my uni address, which means another 2 days to get it posted to me, then another 2 to get it to SF, then another like 5 to get it processed. Was hoping to have it by the end of next week but looks unlikely!

ReputationRep:
    took like a week and a half to get back to me

ReputationRep:
    We were told 3 to 4 days for my girlfriends loans to come through after enrolment. Then the payments switched to 'blocked', and we have to wait 7-10 days now for her national insurance number to be confirmed / validated by the DWP. I suspect other people (unless second/third years, or previous undergraduates) are going to enjoy the same 2 weeks of waiting..

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, annoyingly my SF stuff will come to my hometown and not my uni address, which means another 2 days to get it posted to me, then another 2 to get it to SF, then another like 5 to get it processed. Was hoping to have it by the end of next week but looks unlikely!
    Yep, pretty annoying. Log in to your online account and change your 'contact address' so that letters come to where you stay during term time.

ReputationRep:
    Basically the declaration is you agreeing to the terms and conditions, they usually register it a day or two after you send it, but you need to have your barcode scanned to get any funding, and once you've done that it takes 3 - 4 days.
    What about when they tell you, you can print it off and send it in? because i was told to do this after they sent my letter to the wrong address 3 times, could i print off the barcode from the "view coorispondance" image and get that scanned? (i know sounds stupid :/)

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, though bear in mind the address to send the declaration form to is different from the address you send evidence to. The barcode however can be scanned from a printout.

ReputationRep:
    Ahthanks, I will try that monday and see what happens. I sent the signature form to that 100 Bothwell Street which they told me on the phone. And even confirmed it. Still says on my application waiting for signature but i predicted with all the problems there was a current delay.

ReputationRep:
    Yes you can, though bear in mind the address to send the declaration form to is different from the address you send evidence to. The barcode however can be scanned from a printout.
    btw I remember doing the barcode when i enrolled my first year, im second year student and already registered, and on my course, would i still need to do barcode thing when my uni has already declared me on their course?

ReputationRep:
    you can print it off the correspondence page on the student finance website. often i find the correspondence is updated before i receive the letter, as i check it daily when i'm waiting for SF news, so i print it off and then send it before the letter physically arrives at my house! xox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohaidani)
    you can print it off the correspondence page on the student finance website. often i find the correspondence is updated before i receive the letter, as i check it daily when i'm waiting for SF news, so i print it off and then send it before the letter physically arrives at my house! xox
    WHHHAAAAATT.

I am going to do that right.now

ReputationRep:
    u guys i'm sooooooooooooooooooo BROKE i'm totally dependent on my parents and p/t job.....on my SF account it said they sent the declaration on 30/09 i'm yet to receive it, i don't think i need to get anything scanned because i did all that in first year so i registered online to my uni that i'm basically coming back.

I just wanna pay my rent luckily my landlord has been very nice but i don't know how long she'll continue to be nice and on top of that they haven't fully processed my funding so i'll only be getting the basics but i sent my parents p60 3 weeks ago, so i don't understand why its taking so longgggggggggg arghhhhhhh soo annoying considering i made my application early August i should have done it earlier.

[rant over]

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.