Turn on thread page Beta

Sorry for an gory details guys

Never been on the pill before so started on cilest. Was told to start it on the first day of my period. Usually fairly regular, but started today instead of saturday so I took the first pill. Is this right?
    Will I continue having my period this week?

I'm a bit confused

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry for an gory details guys

Never been on the pill before so started on cilest. Was told to start it on the first day of my period. Usually fairly regular, but started today instead of saturday so I took the first pill. Is this right?
    Will I continue having my period this week?

I'm a bit confused
    Hi,

Yes, you'll continue to have your period this week, (I was told you have to take it on the first day of your period just to check that you weren't pregnant), you may find that you continue to bleed lightly after your period should have ended, but don't worry - it's a common side affect when starting the pill. Do make sure you take the pill at roughly the same time everyday, it helps to prevent the spotting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Songeuse)
    Hi,

Yes, you'll continue to have your period this week, (I was told you have to take it on the first day of your period just to check that you weren't pregnant), you may find that you continue to bleed lightly after your period should have ended, but don't worry - it's a common side affect when starting the pill. Do make sure you take the pill at roughly the same time everyday, it helps to prevent the spotting.
    This is it exactly. I find with cilest more so than other pills that you really have to take it at the same time every day or you get spotting. You will still have your period but it will probably just get lighter and you may find that when you have a break between packets, the periods wont be as heavy as they usually are.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.