Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone please do me a favour? (Boots website) watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been looking for jobs at the minute, and someone's told me there's a vacancy at boots. I've been given the reference number but it keeps saying there's nothing!? Just rang my mate and he checked for me and he can see the vacancy?! so why on earth can't i? The reference is BOOTS39491

If someone can show me a print screen of what the job is, i will give pos rep!

for the record i've tried ringing said store but they're number's been "busy" for 5 hours now...

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't work for me either. Strange. The boots website is incredibly slow though.

ReputationRep:
    Just searched it and it says ''there are no jobs that matched the criteria". You know above the bit where you enter the ref number there is a local area search option - why not type in your city/postcode and see if any vacancies appear that way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Just searched it and it says ''there are no jobs that matched the criteria". You know above the bit where you enter the ref number there is a local area search option - why not type in your city/postcode and see if any vacancies appear that way?
    Cheers fr searching...I have also tried to enter my local area post code and city and still no vacancies....what the hell!!!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh boots have done this to me before.
    just ignore the ref number and launch a job search for the area it's in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Cheers fr searching...I have also tried to enter my local area post code and city and still no vacancies....what the hell!!!
    Hmm, it is weird. Try looking here under 'shop worker' in your local area (if you haven't already)

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/home...966043b3&pid=2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    ahhh boots have done this to me before.
    just ignore the ref number and launch a job search for the area it's in
    Still no luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive been trying to get on the boots job webiste but its not working!

ReputationRep:
    I tried it and it didn't work either, 'no opportunities matched your criteria'. Try searching on the directgov website for jobs, or maybe make an account with boots. If you haven't already, typre in your e-mail address on the boots job section, then you can keep signing in to check for any vacancies.

ReputationRep:
    Is it jsut me or is the boots website stupidly slow?! I am so close to putting my fist through my laptop....

ReputationRep:
    yeah it does seem pretty slow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecdon)
    Still no luck!!
    you have to keep trying, one time when I was looking it wasn't there for ages but suddenly appeared on the search a few days later :/

ReputationRep:
    The really annoying thins is that It takes about 2 minutes to load each page, then it sends you back to the home page and you've got to do it all again! tosspots

ReputationRep:
    Boots website is rubbish. I tried to apply for a job their the other day and they said you haven't done the questionnaire. Well I kept trying to complete it but it wouldn't load up and when I clicked it off it says we now presume you want to withdraw your application. So they sent me an email the day after saying you have not done the questionnaire we presume this was a technical fault please go to the link and do it. By the time I had checked my emails that day they had sent me a second email to say I had not been successfull as there had been too many applicants. That's hardly fair when the questionnaire wouldn't load up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.