Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After much research, I think I'm gonna invest in a pair of these boots. But since the material isnt waterproof, I'm really sceptical about wearing them when its all going to be snowy. I heard about these waterproof sprays, but do they REALLY work??? I mean, wont the snow eventually soak through the material and leaving you with freezing toes??

ReputationRep:
    I wore mine all through the winter, including snow, and they were fine!

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the type you buy and if they are real or not.
    But the Ugg Cardi boots are definitely not waterproof

ReputationRep:
    yeah they kinda work, well i walked in my ugg boots round rainy manchester last week and they were soaked, but i couldn't feel anything lol. when it snows though, watch out as the salt and grit can leave stains on them when they have dried out

ReputationRep:
    yeh the salt in the grit ruined mine, left horrible marks

ReputationRep:
    You're really using the wrong word when you say 'invest' - these boots will depreciate, and fast. It's £100+ down the drain when you could buy a decent pair of leather boots for a lot less.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all, I've made my mind up, I ain't gonna buy them!!

ReputationRep:
    I have uggs, and I think they're the most comfortable things ever, it's like your stepping on a soft carpet. I'd say buy them just don't wear them in the snow, only late fall/early winter

ReputationRep:
    Get a cheap pair from primark for dry days, and invest in some nice fur-lined snow boots from a ski shop (about £40) for cold/icy/rainy winter days! Cosy, waterproof and cute

ReputationRep:
    Someone said that they don't last very long but that is certainly NOT true. I have 3 pairs of UGGS, my first pair are 3 years old and they're as good as new, and I've worn them to death!

They really are worth the investment, they're very very comfy and keep your feet warm - they can get wet, but you can get a spray to make them more waterproof.

People's views of ugg boots not being good quality are because they do not buy the UGG Australia boots, the proper original ones are fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    I think you needn't spend $100 for a pair of ugg boots. There are a lot of cute ugg boots which are sold $49.88. If you want to have a look, you can click the link below:
    If you find what you want at this store. You can set your mind at rest to buy it. Because I hadbought one successfully at this store. It really a reliable online store and that free shipping. If you don't believe me, you can click the "Customer Reviews" at this store.the customer service gave me a deep impression. I was in a good mood after my received my dress in a short time.Good luck !

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.