Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just put London south bank as my insurance for a chemical engineering course its accreted by ichem (institution of chemical engineers) so they have to follow a specific line of teaching, does anyone do chem eng In London south bank, any words of advice

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they've done that to emphasise how it is like detective work, and you need to look at things ???

ReputationRep:
    What is the Psychology course like?

ReputationRep:
    What is the Psychology course like?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I got a conditional offer at South Banks uni but I don't think I'll meet their entry requirements, I think I'll be a grade or two down, do you think that they will still consider me for Adult nursing? I'm so worried bc I really wanted to go to South Banks Uni.

ReputationRep:
    They will accept you even if you do not get any grades. I am sorry, but it is true.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there. I've recieved an offer from LSBU for ckinical psychology on the terms I get BBC in my a levels. Unfortunately i've been very ill and while this has been authorised by examiners I fear that I may not make the grade as I had to miss an exam. Paticularly as a home study student working full time. What are the chances of them accepting me with say CCD or maybe even lower? Im confident in my subjects however missing that exam has got me worried.
    thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkjtallon1994)
    Hi there. I've recieved an offer from LSBU for ckinical psychology on the terms I get BBC in my a levels. Unfortunately i've been very ill and while this has been authorised by examiners I fear that I may not make the grade as I had to miss an exam. Paticularly as a home study student working full time. What are the chances of them accepting me with say CCD or maybe even lower? Im confident in my subjects however missing that exam has got me worried.
    thankyou.
    Hi! I got accepted to study Law & Criminology (unconditional offer) and my grades were CCE (A2) and B (AS). I didn't meet the entry requirements but still got a place! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eskaat)
    Hi! I got accepted to study Law & Criminology (unconditional offer) and my grades were CCE (A2) and B (AS). I didn't meet the entry requirements but still got a place! Good luck!
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm assuming you had the grades before you applied?
    And did you have any relevant experience? Because im hoping they'll take my experience into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eskaat)
    I didn't meet the entry requirements but still got a place! Good luck!
    And that doesn't worry you in the slightest?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by rkjtallon1994)
    Thanks for the info.
    I'm assuming you had the grades before you applied?
    And did you have any relevant experience? Because im hoping they'll take my experience into consideration.
    Hi rkjtallon1994,
    I hope you are well.

Our course directors do also take experience and other relevant factors into account when considering applicants for courses. If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact our advice line on tel: 0800 923 88 88 or post here and we'd be happy to help. Best - Sarah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    Just wondering, what exactly do you dislike about it? Bad teaching?

I am doing my Masters in International Management there and think it's decent.

So you think this university is good? If i wanna apply there for msc marketing. Is it worth it. I'm an international student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kush93)
    So you think this university is good? If i wanna apply there for msc marketing. Is it worth it. I'm an international student.
    You do realise my post that you quoted is from 2010?

Yes, I think it's a decent university, especially in terms of value for money at postgraduate level - unless they upped their prices a lot since I went there.

Get in touch with the course director, see how responsive he/she is etc, go there, ask current and past students of the course you want to do - do your homework to find out if this course is good and right for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)
    You do realise my post that you quoted is from 2010?

Yes, I think it's a decent university, especially in terms of value for money at postgraduate level - unless they upped their prices a lot since I went there.

Get in touch with the course director, see how responsive he/she is etc, go there, ask current and past students of the course you want to do - do your homework to find out if this course is good and right for you.
    Thankyuu

ReputationRep:
    How is it? I'm just wondering because I'm starting this sept...and I've heard is bad stuff

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.