Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Messed around by the Job Centre signing on watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The woman this afternoon was being a right mardy cow. I had my appointment to sign on at 10:00, but I overslept and phoned them at 10:15 to say that I was stuck on the bus. I made another appointment for 15:00 and I turned up on time, and she was being all funny, saying that if I'm late again, it goes to 'adjudication'. I said to her, 'I'm not being funny or nothing, but it wasn't my fault if I was stuck on the bus was it?' and she said that I should have phoned before 10:00. She signed me on OK but I'd forgotten my log to say what I'd been doing to find work, and now I'm worried that I won't be paid right.

Would this affect my benefits going in on time?

ReputationRep:
    Depends if they said if they'd pay you for not brining in your sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Depends if they said if they'd pay you for not brining in your sheet.
    She didn't say, but I told her that I'd been handing out a few flyers to find work and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair you did lie to them about why you were late.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you did oversleep, and were late to your appt - if you're late there is a chance they may not pay you, it's all part of the JSA rules. You can't afford to oversleep when they're paying you to sit on your arse (or in your case, lie in bed!).

In future, set your alarm earlier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Well, you did oversleep, and were late to your appt - if you're late there is a chance they may not pay you, it's all part of the JSA rules. You can't afford to oversleep when they're paying you to sit on your arse (or in your case, lie in bed!).

In future, set your alarm earlier
    Well I can't help it if my alarm doesn't go off can I. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    Nobody's alarm 'doesn't go off'.

Why should you get benefits if you can't be arsed to be there on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)

Well I didn't hear it. That Job Centre's a load of **** anyway; they only pay me £50 a week and for that pittance I have to keep going up there and hanging around with a load of lazy doleys who don't want work every fortnight.

Is there a way that I can get it paid straight into my account instead of having to bother going in all the time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    Such a bad attitude. Be responsible for your actions. You failed to set your alarm properly so it didn't go off and you were late.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Get up early then you lazy piece of ****.

ReputationRep:

This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    Well I didn't hear it. That Job Centre's a load of **** anyway; they only pay me £50 a week and for that pittance I have to keep going up there and hanging around with a load of lazy doleys who don't want work every fortnight.

Is there a way that I can get it paid straight into my account instead of having to bother going in all the time?
    Then get a real job...

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you wake up on time next time. When I was on it I had to go to hospital and they wouldn't accept that as a reason I couldn't attend so I didn't get the money for 2 weeks. They can be annoying sometimes though.

And no part of the conditions is that you go to the the time they give you, you can't get it paid into your account without attending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)

Only £50 per week? For doing sweet FA? Goodness me. I suppose you should be on £20k plus bonuses, right?

Your attitude stinks. If I was looking for work and claiming JSA, I'd be f***ing grateful this country has a system which supports me whilst I do so. Which given that you sleep in til gone 10am, suggests to me you're not trying very hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    That Job Centre's a load of **** anyway; they only pay me £50 a week and for that pittance I have to keep going up there and hanging around with a load of lazy doleys who don't want work every fortnight.
    Self-wum for the win :woohoo:

ReputationRep:
    You're the one messing them around, fool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)

Are you a troll?

You're getting 50 pounds a week for doing absolutely nothing but writing a little pansy jog of jobs you've 'applied to' whilst I'm getting about 70 quid a week for working hard for minimum wage pittance - because I don't want to sign on. You're waking up at 10am and missing your appointments. You're virtually a thief. I bet you're living in your parents house and just using it for a bit of pocket money to go out with.

I can't wait till Camerons lot cut off your benefits, and I'm not even Tory!

ReputationRep:
    OH please, youre the one messing them around, be more organised in future

ReputationRep:
    Are you a troll?

You're getting 50 pounds a week for doing absolutely nothing but writing a little pansy jog of jobs you've 'applied to' whilst I'm getting about 70 quid a week for working hard for minimum wage pittance - because I don't want to sign on. You're waking up at 10am and missing your appointments. You're virtually a thief. I bet you're living in your parents house and just using it for a bit of pocket money to go out with.

I can't wait till Camerons lot cut off your benefits, and I'm not even Tory!
    I've looked for loads of jobs; just this week I bought the paper and had a look at the jobs page and put my CV on Fish for Jobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    I've looked for loads of jobs; just this week I bought the paper and had a look at the jobs page and put my CV on Fish for Jobs.

Oh my god, really? All that?

I have an interview on Friday for John Lewis. So I can't be all that bad! Saving up so I can pay everything towards my gap year so I don't have to scrounge off my parents, the government, or anyone.

Get some self-respect, sign off and actually try to get a job.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.