Turn on thread page Beta

Messed around by the Job Centre signing on watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    Nobody's alarm 'doesn't go off'.

Why should you get benefits if you can't be arsed to be there on time.
    My alarm didn't go off this morning to wake me up for my signing on!
    However I legged it there, and wasn't late, but not the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    Well I didn't hear it. That Job Centre's a load of **** anyway; they only pay me £50 a week and for that pittance I have to keep going up there and hanging around with a load of lazy doleys who don't want work every fortnight.

Is there a way that I can get it paid straight into my account instead of having to bother going in all the time?
    Yeah, there is. I'm going for an 'interview' tomorrow at 12.15. When I filled out the form online, it gave you the option of having it paid straight into your account, which is what I'm having. I get the feeling you're reluctant to go to a place with those 'sorts' of people. Well, join the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wookymon)
    There are many, dozens if not hundreds...can't be bothered naming names.
    No... you can't think of a good example. There is the difference... Very little 'old money' exists nowadays.... The aristocracy is dwindling. Your point is invalid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    I'm not being funny or nothing but retail ain't exactly what I'm looking at. It's just tangoed bimbos and I don't want to work with them.
    do you have a degree or expertise in a particular profession?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    to be honest, your situation and attitude is far removed from that of the OP. It's the attitue that is irritating me, and I imagine a fair few others, not the fact he is on JSA. My mum and boyfriend have both been on JSA so have a number of my friends, but they all made the effort to still look for work and turn up on time.
    That's fair enough, I am about 100% sure the OP is a troll though so I wouldn't waste your energy replying to him.

I understand your frustrations with the OP, but some people may appear as though they're doing nothing, but really they're struggling for jobs. I have a friend who graduated in 2008 with me, and he still doesn't have a job.. he just can't find someone who will take him on, and jobs that require no qualifications, like I said in my previous post, will not take on graduates to work in shops etc, because they know that it is a means to an end, so why waste money training them up when they will leave when something better comes along?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    do you have a degree or expertise in a particular profession?
    I did the first year of a childcare course at college but it was really boring, and so now I'm looking for a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    Enjoy it when the Tories hit your benefits so hard that you are FORCED to work.

You may be the biggest retard on here or are the rest of the torys like you? There is no/little jobs out. Not enough for everyone! Stop reading the daily mail and sun!

ReputationRep:
    Are you backward? What has political affiliation got to do with anything? When it comes to social matters, I would say I am largely more left wing than anything yet even I can see OP is a complete flange. How can you sympathize with someone who has uploaded his CV onto a website and then moans about not having a job and having to actually get up to collect his free £50?

There are genuine people who are in need of such money to keep themselves afloat. I doubt that there are 45 million jobs out there, so some individuals are in dire need of such cash. Some people live in areas where there really are no jobs and others cant get one because of their mistake of not trying hard all those years ago at school. Others, like OP (if he isnt a troll) believe that such financial help is an unconditional right rather then someones help!
    I didn't say I sympathised did I? No, I didn't. I actually described the OP as a troll. I was referring to the comments aimed at the unemployed that followed.

I think you could well be the "backward" one.

ReputationRep:
    Enjoy it when the Tories hit your benefits so hard that you are FORCED to work.

I love working mate. Just hate working for a bunch of foreigners who look down on me even though I have a better education and am alot more presentabale than them. I would do any job right now but I like to be told in english what the **** i'm suppossed to be doing. All these asians do work hard I admit but they're complete tossers and think they know everything and must always come across as the smartest even though we're working in a poxy clothes shop and im suppossed to be training. I just need to get any job right now so I actually start looking for better ones lol.

I AM NOT A RACIST..... YET

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessnavi22)
    That's fair enough, I am about 100% sure the OP is a troll though so I wouldn't waste your energy replying to him.

I understand your frustrations with the OP, but some people may appear as though they're doing nothing, but really they're struggling for jobs. I have a friend who graduated in 2008 with me, and he still doesn't have a job.. he just can't find someone who will take him on, and jobs that require no qualifications, like I said in my previous post, will not take on graduates to work in shops etc, because they know that it is a means to an end, so why waste money training them up when they will leave when something better comes along?
    yea I know, I'm gonna face the same problem when I graduate at the end of the year, and I have a number of friends who have already graduated and have that problem. I live in a small village where you have one bus in and out, so Jobs where I live are few and far between and pretty difficult to find, so I'm not saying it's EASY to get a job, I'm just saying the OP isn't really trying hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    No... you can't think of a good example. There is the difference... Very little 'old money' exists nowadays.... The aristocracy is dwindling. Your point is invalid.
    There are loads of examples..one called the Earl of Yarborough lives not far from me. Your point is non-existent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    You may be the biggest retard on here or are the rest of the torys like you? There is no/little jobs out. Not enough for everyone! Stop reading the daily mail and sun!
    I read the times and the guardian actually so i can get a broad political spectrum for my politics A level.
    Hey guess what? If you stop taxing businesses to the ground and let the private sector grow instead of stifling it with regulations you MIGHT just find more jobs appear. The country becomes wealthier and attracts more business as a result.

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of examples..one called the Earl of Yarborough lives not far from me. Your point is non-existent.
    And how common is he? Probably 1-100 if not more of people who earn more than 150K.

His money sits in his bank account, he has no 'income'. Or not much atleast just huge assets, which as he spends, he loses.
    Invalid point is still invalid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    yea I know, I'm gonna face the same problem when I graduate at the end of the year, and I have a number of friends who have already graduated and have that problem. I live in a small village where you have one bus in and out, so Jobs where I live are few and far between and pretty difficult to find, so I'm not saying it's EASY to get a job, I'm just saying the OP isn't really trying hard enough.
    I've already detailed what I've been doing to look for a job! ******* hell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    I've already detailed what I've been doing to look for a job! ******* hell.
    Yea, you got a paper. Way to go.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't say I sympathised did I? No, I didn't. I actually described the OP as a troll. I was referring to the comments aimed at the unemployed that followed.

I think you could well be the "backward" one.
    Whats that based on? Because from where I am sitting it sounds like a half arsed attempt at a return insult.

I only picked up on what you said because you looked as though you were describing all those who said anything bad about benfits as nazi's. you also went on to blame all problems on the rich? I mean come on......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    I did the first year of a childcare course at college but it was really boring, and so now I'm looking for a job.
    hmm, I see, so you have practically no qualifications, and you are expecting employers to be tripping over their dicks to come and employ you?

You said retail isnt exactly what you were looking for before going on to insult those that work in that sector (im not going to take any offence because you dont seem like the wisest person I have ever met). Where exactly are you expecting to be employed? I suppose you are waiting for that all important call from PriceWaterhouseCooper's as they heard about your uncompleted course and are eager to sign you up?

ReputationRep:
    Whats that based on? Because from where I am sitting it sounds like a half arsed attempt at a return insult.

I only picked up on what you said because you looked as though you were describing all those who said anything bad about benfits as nazi's. you also went on to blame all problems on the rich? I mean come on......
    I just can't be bothered pointing out what I said...if you can't read it's not my responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    I just can't be bothered pointing out what I said...if you can't read it's not my responsibility.
    what a lame cop out of a reply. you called people that had any grievances against the benefits system Nazi's and also blamed the rich for all the financial problems of the lower echelons of society. How the bloody hell am I meant to read it?!

ReputationRep:
    what a lame cop out of a reply.
    Whatever..

you called people that had any grievances against the benefits system Nazi's
    No I didn't...

and also blamed the rich for all the financial problems of the lower echelons of society.
    No I didn't..

How the bloody hell am I meant to read it?!
    Erm, as it was written?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.