Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Messed around by the Job Centre signing on watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocassus)
    I read the times and the guardian actually so i can get a broad political spectrum for my politics A level.
    Hey guess what? If you stop taxing businesses to the ground and let the private sector grow instead of stifling it with regulations you MIGHT just find more jobs appear. The country becomes wealthier and attracts more business as a result.
    I bet you get rid of the minimum wage too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    Are you a troll?

You're getting 50 pounds a week for doing absolutely nothing but writing a little pansy jog of jobs you've 'applied to' whilst I'm getting about 70 quid a week for working hard for minimum wage pittance - because I don't want to sign on. You're waking up at 10am and missing your appointments. You're virtually a thief. I bet you're living in your parents house and just using it for a bit of pocket money to go out with.

I can't wait till Camerons lot cut off your benefits, and I'm not even Tory!
    +rep for you my friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    I bet you get rid of the minimum wage too
    Yes, and penalize unions. You give INDIVIDUALs the power to negotiate with employers for what the value of their work is worth, NOT big unions which are arguably massive hypocrites and organizations which are just as bad as the so called 'right wind media'.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and penalize unions. You give INDIVIDUALs the power to negotiate with employers for what the value of their work is worth, NOT big unions which are arguably massive hypocrites and organizations which are just as bad as the so called 'right wind media'.

So it would be ok for employers to pay people 2p/h ?

United we stand and all..

ReputationRep:
    So it would be ok for employers to pay people 2p/h ?

United we stand and all..
    Tell me, who is going to accept that wage? Nobody will take a job that pays 2p an hour. Your point is ludicrous.

ReputationRep:
    Umm... they do warn you that if you don't show up then your benefits could be reduced.

ReputationRep:
    If your alarm doesn't always work, then either get a new one, or just go to bed earlier so that you wake up earlier in the morning. It's not rocket science.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me, who is going to accept that wage? Nobody will take a job that pays 2p an hour. Your point is ludicrous.

People who are desperate because they dont get benefits from the govt and have no other options. Why scrap it unless you intend to pay less than it? INfact didnt a tory mp brag about paying someone only 88p p/h?

Your whole ideology is ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    People who are desperate because they dont get benefits from the govt and have no other options. Why scrap it unless you intend to pay less than it? INfact didnt a tory mp brag about paying someone only 88p p/h?

Your whole ideology is ridiculous
    No it isn't, you are putting to much structure into what is supposed to be private business. Those who don't get benefits are immigrants, and they should come here with a job already secured ANYWAY. Letting employers and employees work out the relative value of the work being carried out not only means more businesses will be attracted to this country, it will mean more jobs. People who excel will be paid more, and those who don't excel won't be paid so much. Its a system of effort and result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kratos90)
    Lol. I was on JSA for 6 months and made up every single job application i put in my log book.
    And YOU at the epitomy of a person who does not deserve benefits.

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty good trolling.

ReputationRep:
    Your alarm didn't go off? What an amazing excuse. How do you deserve £50 out of the tax payers money for not even getting up on time for a so called appointment, an appointment which half doleys lie on anyways.

But i get the feeling that this is a topic to make people be angry

If not, get some voluntary work done to make your CV better for the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AskMeAnything)
    Nobody's alarm 'doesn't go off'.

Why should you get benefits if you can't be arsed to be there on time.
    Actually mine does, but that's my phone I guess. Slightly temperamental.

ReputationRep:
    And YOU at the epitomy of a person who does not deserve benefits.
    LOL. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kratos90)
    LOL. Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    Well thats fine then, you won't mind the tories smashing it to pieces then?

ReputationRep:
    Well thats fine then, you won't mind the tories smashing it to pieces then?
    Not at all. I'm going to uni and I'm likely to get a highly paid job so the tory government will suit me. Like I said, it's all about playing the game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by modgepodge)
    If I was looking for work and claiming JSA, I'd be f***ing grateful this country has a system which supports me whilst I do so.
    I'm grateful :daydreaming:

I was late for an appointment once because I'd convinced myself it was 15 minutes later than it was (yes, I am a thicko), but I apologised profusely and they said someone would see me ... then they forgot or something because after waiting an hour I asked again and they got someone for me right away. And apologised. I didn't mind though because I felt it was penance for my lateness. Also, they were nice about it.

Frankly I wonder if I even deserve the £50/week, but I'm hoping to get a pretty well-paid job later in life and pay shedloads of taxes, so I don't feel too guilty.

EDIT: Does anyone else find that the Job Centre suggests jobs for which you are TOTALLY underqualified? A few days ago I got some suggested jobs through the post, which a member of staff had very kindly found for me and sent. I thought it was really lovely of her - however, one of the jobs paid £40k a year, and the other £500 a day - which equates to about £130k pa! I LOLed. If only employers would think so highly of my experience and qualifications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    hmm, I see, so you have practically no qualifications, and you are expecting employers to be tripping over their dicks to come and employ you?

You said retail isnt exactly what you were looking for before going on to insult those that work in that sector (im not going to take any offence because you dont seem like the wisest person I have ever met). Where exactly are you expecting to be employed? I suppose you are waiting for that all important call from PriceWaterhouseCooper's as they heard about your uncompleted course and are eager to sign you up?
    Yeah well I don't see why it's so hard for me to get an office job when the market's saturated with so many crappy graduates with useless degrees like History and English and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I had to sign on at 0915 every week, and if I can manage to get up in the mornings at that time to sign on, then I think you can too.

It's not difficult ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    Yeah well I don't see why it's so hard for me to get an office job when the market's saturated with so many crappy graduates with useless degrees like History and English and stuff.
    I agreed with you up until this post. History and English are hardly useless degrees.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.