Turn on thread page Beta

Messed around by the Job Centre signing on watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wookymon)
    Whatever..

No I didn't...

No I didn't..

Erm, as it was written?
    Wow, you are really smart. The way you were able to just pick apart what I said and say the same word again was almost magical. You definitely will never have OPs problem with a mind like that, its like academic gold!

(Original post by urbyn)
    Yeah well I don't see why it's so hard for me to get an office job when the market's saturated with so many crappy graduates with useless degrees like History and English and stuff.
    See this is how you reveal yourself to be some bored 16 year old writting some provokative crap. Explain how degrees that drum into these graduates how to accurately analyse, evaluate etc are nearly as useless as that uncompleted btec you say you got?

With as **** qualifications and expirience that you have, you are going to have to take the retail jobs (if you are lucky enough to get them) and pray that one day all those CVs you send to offices will pay off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    Wow, you are really smart. The way you were able to just pick apart what I said and say the same word again was almost magical. You definitely will never have OPs problem with a mind like that, its like academic gold!

See this is how you reveal yourself to be some bored 16 year old writting some provokative crap. Explain how degrees that drum into these graduates how to accurately analyse, evaluate etc are nearly as useless as that uncompleted btec you say you got?

With as **** qualifications and expirience that you have, you are going to have to take the retail jobs (if you are lucky enough to get them) and pray that one day all those CVs you send to offices will pay off.
    I'm writing provocative 'crap' because I'm speaking the truth. What ******* use is some 'degree' that teaches you how to write an essay when really companies are all about working out profit margins and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    I'm writing provocative 'crap' because I'm speaking the truth. What ******* use is some 'degree' that teaches you how to write an essay when really companies are all about working out profit margins and stuff?
    you are speaking so much ****, I suspect it has risen from the depts of your bowels and is now frothing at your mouth.

I just gave to you two reasons why an English or History degree are more useful then your uncompleted btec. "Working out profit margins and stuff?". Nice to see your understanding of how businesses run is so deep.

Edit: Just saw that you corrected my mistake. Its always a good look correcting what is obviously a typo.

ReputationRep:
    So you're worried you won't get your money for not doing what they tell you to do if you want to get your money? Protip: do what they tell you to do in order to get the money.

To be fair, I only got out of bed 30 minutes before I signed on today but at least I turned up. Not that they're going to give me any hassle if I'm a bit late because I've actually got a job so they're just glad I'm not going to be their problem any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_zed)
    you are speaking so much ****, I suspect it has risen from the depts of your bowels and is now frothing at your mouth.

I just gave to you two reasons why an English or History degree are more useful then your uncompleted btec. "Working out profit margins and stuff?". Nice to see your understanding of how businesses run is so deep.
    No; graduates in arts and humanities degrees are no more employable than I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    No; graduates in arts and humanities degrees are no more employable than I am.
    I can make up lame bs too! check this doozer:

apparently, those who chat alot of bs and moan about not having a job whilst boasting an uncompleted btec are more likely to be unemployed, oh wait now that one really is a fact!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    Well I didn't hear it. That Job Centre's a load of **** anyway; they only pay me £50 a week and for that pittance I have to keep going up there and hanging around with a load of lazy doleys who don't want work every fortnight.

Is there a way that I can get it paid straight into my account instead of having to bother going in all the time?
    I smell a troll. :mad:

EDIT: 6 pages too late damnit.

ReputationRep:
    I know I shouldn't be offended by a troll, but in a way, I can't help it. Apparently I am a crappy graduate witha useless degree (being joint honours English and History), and a tangoed bimbo (having worked in retail). However, I can just hope that i'll get a teaching job at the end of my PGCE, and hopefully not have to join the OP at the job centre, where i'm sure they'd prceed to try to insult me more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilina)
    OMG you poor poor baby, you have to get up and go to the Job Centre for money you haven't earnt?

In my job i get £60 A MONTH. And I actually have to WORK for that.
    :lolwut: Sorry if you've already been asked this already but how many hours do you put in a month to earn that?!? and is that before or after tax? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbyn)
    The woman this afternoon was being a right mardy cow. I had my appointment to sign on at 10:00, but I overslept and phoned them at 10:15 to say that I was stuck on the bus. I made another appointment for 15:00 and I turned up on time, and she was being all funny, saying that if I'm late again, it goes to 'adjudication'. I said to her, 'I'm not being funny or nothing, but it wasn't my fault if I was stuck on the bus was it?' and she said that I should have phoned before 10:00. She signed me on OK but I'd forgotten my log to say what I'd been doing to find work, and now I'm worried that I won't be paid right.

Would this affect my benefits going in on time?

Maybe it will do you good to think about this because youre saying she was a mardy cow, but she was in her job and doing what she was supposed to be doing.

The way they look at it is that being on jobseekers IS your job, and you have obligations to fulfill.

One of those obligations is being on time for your signing.

There are several purposes to this:

It sets you an example that you must be on time even if you are not currently in work. Its all about the work ethic, and it also bodes for good self confidence in knowing you can make it on time and therefore feeling like youve got a part to play.

They have hundreds of people who come through their doors every day. If even a small percentage came late each day, the people who were on time would be held back, so they have to be strict.

And finally, (as they see it) you have two duties in order to perform in your job of signing on. One is to sign on once a fortnight on time, the other is to keep a log.

At the end of the day, its their job to encourage you to keep to your part of it because its all preparation for work.

What you have to consider is that if you slept in and then lied about being stuck on the bus, would a boss let you off, or not dock your wages?

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.