Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can I do Fp1,Fp2,Fp4, D1, D2, M2 for my further maths a-level (I've already done M1 in my normal maths a-level) because I read that if you have m2 as part of your f maths you have to have m1 as part of it?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am sure you can but you're gonna have to check if your syllabus allows you to FP4 before FP3.

ReputationRep:
    Which exam board? I imagine it'd be fine.

FP4 without FP3 is something I'm not so sure about.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by boromir9111)
    Yes, I am sure you can but you're gonna have to check if your syllabus allows you to FP4 before FP3.
    (Original post by stordoff)
    Which exam board? I imagine it'd be fine.

FP4 without FP3 is something I'm not so sure about.
    I think AQA is the only exam board which has an FP4 module, and that allows you to take it without having done FP3.

If this is the case OP, then that's fine. You can have M2 as long as you have M1 somewhere -- it doesn't matter whether or not M1 is in Maths/FMaths (especially since the exam board arranges the modules automatically for you, regardless of whether you studied them in Y12 or Y13).

ReputationRep:
    AQA I think she is on!

edit - I believe nuodai(new day) has answered it for you

ReputationRep:
    yes you can, you dont have to have m2 and m1 as part of further maths because when you get your grades those applied modules will be mixed between maths and further maths automatically so you get the best possible results
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    nuodai(new day)
    Why do you do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuodai)
    Why do you do that?
    Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you lol I know it's not that but it's how I read it as :o:

ReputationRep:
    Why do you do that?
    Thank you, another thing: is it 90% average in your 3 best a2 units, so I could get 89 in FP4, 90 in M2 and 91 in D2?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to offend you lol I know it's not that but it's how I read it as :o:
    I'm not offended, it's just that it seems weird to post an [incorrect] pronunciation guide after every mention of my username.

(Original post by SmileyGurl13)
    Thank you, another thing: is it 90% average in your 3 best a2 units, so I could get 89 in FP4, 90 in M2 and 91 in D2?
    Yup (I take it you mean for an A*).

ReputationRep:
    I'm not offended, it's just that it seems weird to post an [incorrect] pronunciation guide after every mention of my username. .

Yeah. Sorry about that! quick question for you, beans on toast or takeaway?

edit - nvm, disaster averted.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Yeah. Sorry about that! quick question for you, beans on toast or takeaway?
    Can't I have beans and toast from a takeaway? If not, I'll have to go with takeaway.

ReputationRep:
    Can't I have beans and toast from a takeaway? If not, I'll have to go with takeaway.
    Had to go with beans on toast from my flat as outside it is raining and I ain't getting wet lol....plus I have "House" on pause and really want to watch it. Damn, I need patience :p: Thanks for your help Math guru

ReputationRep:
    I'm not offended, it's just that it seems weird to post an [incorrect] pronunciation guide after every mention of my username.

Yup (I take it you mean for an A*).
    Sweet thank you, my teachers said 'you have to get 90 in all of your further pure modules' I was like that's not right..
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Sweet thank you, my teachers said 'you have to get 90 in all of your further pure modules' I was like that's not right..
    My experience is that teachers tend not to know as much as they should about this kind of thing. [Although getting 90%+ in each of your further pure modules certainly wouldn't do you any harm.]

ReputationRep:
    No. They just have high aims for you.

ReputationRep:
    My experience is that teachers tend not to know as much as they should about this kind of thing. [Although getting 90%+ in each of your further pure modules certainly wouldn't do you any harm.]
    Yeeah but I got 89 in FP4, and i really didn't want to have to do any re-sits :P

And boromir: nah, they just don't think i'm going to get an A* and want to put me off Warwick ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Yeeah but I got 89 in FP4, and i really didn't want to have to do any re-sits :P

And boromir: nah, they just don't think i'm going to get an A* and want to put me off Warwick ¬¬
    Ahh, screw them, who cares what they think! and from looking at your posts on the maths uni selection, you aced your exams. I will be very surprised if you don't get an A*......so, believe in yourself and you will do great as always

edit - I think you mean you got it in FP1?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, screw them, who cares what they think! and from looking at your posts on the maths uni selection, you aced your exams. I will be very surprised if you don't get an A*......so, believe in yourself and you will do great as always

edit - I think you mean you got it in FP1?
    Nope fp4 :P i got 94 in FP1.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, makes me feel better are you applying to uni this year?

ReputationRep:
    Nope fp4 :P i got 94 in FP1.

And thanks for the vote of confidence, makes me feel better are you applying to uni this year?
    Oh. Damn, that's excellent!!!! I'm already at uni, Nottingham ......no problem, you seem naturally talented in maths, shocks me you ain't applied to Cambridge? I've seen people with less UMS marks than yours go!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 30, 2010

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.