Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok i am a real good student and i love to study .i adore politics and medicine so i wanted to join university in the two majors is that possible???? if not can i go to two different universities then but i am afraid that i wont be able to attend all my classes and i dont know whether attendance wont allow me to pass even though i did good at my final exam.
    pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseee HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yara EL-Gerzawi)
    ok i am a real good student and i love to study .i adore politics and medicine so i wanted to join university in the two majors is that possible???? if not can i go to two different universities then but i am afraid that i wont be able to attend all my classes and i dont know whether attendance wont allow me to pass even though i did good at my final exam.
    pleeeeeeaaaaaasssseee HELP
    studying medecine is a full-time thing. if you look on ucas, you'll see that it's never offered as a joint degree anywhere. if you dont want to become a doctor do something related to medecine like biology, biomedical sciences etc and you'll probably be able to combine it with politics.

going to two different universities would be suicide. dont even think about it.

if you're really so determined to study the two together, i would suggest taking medecine full-time and studying politics as an evening course if you can find one.

ReputationRep:
    You could study medicine and then take a years elective to study a different subject. Keep in mind medicine is a vocational and highly demanding course, though, and requires more than just 'an interest in medicine'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Adult Nursing and it is intense enough with a full timetable (25 hours+), once you start getting essays in you'll be bogged down especailly when you are on placements and have essays to be in. The medical degress ( nuring,medicine,audiology) are much more intense than people think and they expect you to be fully commited to the course, this goes down to what you do in your socail life.They monitor facebook etc , for any innappropriate images , the smallest caution could get you thrown off the course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RAPSTER)
    I'm doing Adult Nursing and it is intense enough with a full timetable (25 hours+), once you start getting essays in you'll be bogged down especailly when you are on placements and have essays to be in. The medical degress ( nuring,medicine,audiology) are much more intense than people think and they expect you to be fully commited to the course, this goes down to what you do in your socail life.They monitor facebook etc , for any innappropriate images , the smallest caution could get you thrown off the course
    DO you think i could be thrown out if they know i am doing another course along with medicine even if it was an evening class??

ReputationRep:
    DO you think i could be thrown out if they know i am doing another course along with medicine even if it was an evening class??
    Are you aware of what a medical course entails?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think you have a clue about a medicine degree..

ReputationRep:

No, the only things they could throw you off a medical course for could be the following:
    • Drugs
      Drunken photos - inappropriate , sitting on toilet passed out etc
      Most cautions by the police
      If you failed to turn up to lectures on a regular basis
      if you failed to turn up to placements

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.