Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

are there any nice guys? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CondensedMilk)
    OP, what you actually mean is "are there any rich and attractive and nice guys?"
    no dont give a s*** about being rich, I just want to find a guy that respects me. They seem to be in short supply, but it's true what everyones been saying, I'm not disputed I am attracted to the bad/hot ones. But I'm sick of it and want to find a good'un.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinklemonade-xo)
    This needs a profanity to disagree; but that hardly supports the ladylike behaviour in short supply arguement does it?!
    Utter rubbish though.
    There are plenty of women who like to think that they're ladies, but they rarely are.
    There are more gentlemen than there are ladies.

ReputationRep:
    No . We killed them off , all of them.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Now shut up and go find one instead of hoping you're going to trip up in the street, be caught by a man with long flowing locks and instantly fall in love.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

You're just looking in the wrong places :ahee:

I'm nice... but I never really got noticed... guess I'm just too nice :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    They're probably your best friends who you go to in order to complain about men when a not nice guy has just done something nice ... obviously!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warhol)
    Girls don't want jerks, they want good looking guys.
    It just happens to be that less attractive guys need to compensate with their personality, while all the fitties feel they needn't bother. :rolleyes:
    Why do you roll you eyes? You realise this is a female problem, not a male one?

"the fitties feel they needn't bother" because the vast majority of women prove them sodding right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirThursday)
    They're probably your best friends who you go to in order to complain about men when a not nice guy has just done something not nice ... obviously!
    He's right. The 'nice guys' that you can't find are probably your friends already and you don't see them as love interests.

ReputationRep:
    Well we are living in the UK. :rolleyes:

I joke. Yes there are. Open your eyes OP.

ReputationRep:
    i likeeeee bad boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Why do you roll you eyes? You realise this is a female problem, not a male one?

"the fitties feel they needn't bother" because the vast majority of women prove them sodding right.
    I was rolling my eyes because the person I quoted was under the delusion that if he acted like a jerk, he'd attract more girls, which was absurd to me.

And of course the women validate their behaviour; it's just the nature of attraction that people are more tolerant and forgiving of guys/girls they're into.

ReputationRep:
    I was rolling my eyes because the person I quoted was under the delusion that if he acted like a jerk, he'd attract more girls, which was absurd to me
    Might seem absurd to you, but talk to a decent majority of guys and they'll tell you the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    I remember making a thread about the traits of 'gentlemen'. I didn't realise at the time that the replies were just full of lies.

ReputationRep:
    You women don't know what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't want jerks, they want good looking guys.
    It just happens to be that less attractive guys need to compensate with their personality, while all the fitties feel they needn't bother. :rolleyes:
    SO true
    also, what should you do if you've met a guy who you know is nice, in fact you can tell by the way he looks onto your eyes and pulls you close to him and wraps his arms around you that he is one of the nicest guys you've met, but he hangs with, say the football society, at Uni so acts out to keep up his "rep" with them???

please quote if you respond so i dont have to read a million unrelated comments lol

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, the nice guys are usually the shy ones that everyone overlooks... Once you get to know them, they come out of their shells a bit, open up, and are the nicest guys you will ever meet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inkandhearts)
    SO true
    also, what should you do if you've met a guy who you know is nice, in fact you can tell by the way he looks onto your eyes and pulls you close to him and wraps his arms around you that he is one of the nicest guys you've met, but he hangs with, say the football society, at Uni so acts out to keep up his "rep" with them???

please quote if you respond so i dont have to read a million unrelated comments lol
    I'd probably have to break it to him that, although I think he's undeniably a 'nice' person, I'm not actually gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    I'd probably have to break it to him that, although I think he's undeniably a 'nice' person, I'm not actually gay.
    LOL he's not
    I'm a girl :p:

ReputationRep:
    I find the same that's being said here. Women usually go for hard-cases, jerks and basically guys who other guys think are dicks. That's the case in our school, anyway.

I'm glad, however, that I've got dozens of good girl mates. And several that are my best mates. So I like to think that I'm nice. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Aha, the 'Nice Guys' are negging me for pointing out the blindingly obvious. If the best possible thing that you can describe yourself as is 'Nice', then you're probably a boring, embittered bedroom-dweller who needs a hobby that doesn't involve a mains plug or his right-hand.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.