Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

are there any nice guys? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I as a girl hang out with a bunch of guys. They all (bar one) are nice guys. Also 3/4 of the guys are single. There is loads just look in the right places! My Boyfriend is one of the guys. Nicest most gentlemanly boyfriend ever.... You just have to really want a gentleman or be lucky

ReputationRep:
    Hey There's a phrase
    "Hi I'm a nice attractive smart girl, because i have the killer three factors I somehow ignore Nice guys and date ugly dicks instead"

ReputationRep:
    You aren't looking in the right places.

Barely any guys are nice, its simply a matter of perspective.

ReputationRep:
    I wondered that, I think it's only natural ... I found my man, a wonderful, sensitive, kind man at that. Just wait, he'll turn up!

What's the difference between a "nice guy" and a "bad boy" anyways?

Imo, well, what do YOU men want? God, even ******* H&R post I read it's always about "sex, sex, sex".

Do men want ladies or the whores?

Men can be confusing, but so can the women. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Being a "nice guy" doesnt mean you're a so called "gentelman". What girls are looking for is a sophisticated bad boy. That's the best title. A kind man that has the confidence. In other words the complete package

ReputationRep:
    I have had two men that i went for but treated me like shiate there is something wrong with men nowerdays its very hard to find the right guys i have looked but have'nt found the gentleman i am searching for......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Serious note, most girls don't give guys half a chance to find out what they're like.
    This seems true for alot of girls, you just gotta find the ones worth your time

Nice guys do exist but they draw less attention to themselves I guess.

theres one sitting right here......so ive been told...... haha

ReputationRep:
    In my (admittedly limited) experience, the "nice guy" you already know is either the one you ignore, or is your friend already and you don't think of him in any other way. It's your own fault girls!

(Original post by Schweep)
    Aha, the 'Nice Guys' are negging me for pointing out the blindingly obvious. If the best possible thing that you can describe yourself as is 'Nice', then you're probably a boring, embittered bedroom-dweller who needs a hobby that doesn't involve a mains plug or his right-hand.
    Fool.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, there are plenty, just don't let go when you find that special one

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_tiger)
    Do any other girls feel like there are just no gentlemen left in the world? Sorry to be moany but its true, I'd love to find one
    Yes and I would love to find a nice girl who would be willing to date me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    There are but you go for bad boys and expect them to be gentlemen. Then you get treated badly and make some a stupid statement like that I have just highlighted.
    This. Great answer. Very true.

ReputationRep:
    The attention and male anger this thread has attracted is hilarious.

Maybe a meeting of these TSR 'nice guys' and females who are in want of 'nice guys' should be conducted.

It would be humorous, although I imagine it would probably be awkward and most people wouldn't turn up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_tiger)
    Do any other girls feel like there are just no gentlemen left in the world? Sorry to be moany but its true, I'd love to find one
    sure there are. but girls find nice boring. they find interesting scary. they find uncaring cool and are forever changing their opinion. It used to be normal to like strong tough guys, then it became emotional sensative guys. how the hell have any guys got any hope trying to do what you want. i for one give up and decided i will be marmite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    What's the difference between a "nice guy" and a "bad boy" anyways?

Imo, well, what do YOU men want? God, even ******* H&R post I read it's always about "sex, sex, sex".

Do men want ladies or the whores?

Men can be confusing, but so can the women. :erm:
    No, men know what they want :p:

see here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7#post27765467

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantlemon)
    sure there are. but girls find nice boring. they find interesting scary. they find uncaring cool and are forever changing their opinion. It used to be normal to like strong tough guys, then it became emotional sensative guys. how the hell have any guys got any hope trying to do what you want. i for one give up and decided i will be marmite.
    Erm what? Guys aren't supposed to mould their personality to the woman. Different women will like different things, and so it's just a case of find a girl that loves the type of person that you are. Not becoming the type of person that that particular girl loves.

ReputationRep:
    There are a few, but I'm dating one so you can't have him soz :ahee:

Srsly there's loads, just open your mind a bit.

ReputationRep:
    None left. Every guy is a prick. No doubt.

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I'm a nice guy... I get told so anyway. I'm also married. You've got to get in there first.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.