Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_tiger)
    no dont give a s*** about being rich, I just want to find a guy that respects me. They seem to be in short supply, but it's true what everyones been saying, I'm not disputed I am attracted to the bad/hot ones. But I'm sick of it and want to find a good'un.
    you dont come accross as respectable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LazyWorseThanInfidel)
    you dont come accross as respectable
    ouch, why's that?

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you tell me?

Hehe; the problem is nice guys don't get attention which, to me seems very unfair but whatever, these are the elements of society that you have to come to terms with.

ReputationRep:
    theres a few..im sure..lol

ReputationRep:
    yessss, but he's my fella, so you cant have him. sorryyyyy.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, i'm looking for a nice, non-slutty girl. Anyone seen one? Thought not.

ReputationRep:
    ouch, why's that?
    i dont know a respectable girl who dates idiots

ReputationRep:
    nice guys? don't make me laugh

ReputationRep:
    There are. They are just harder to find.

(Original post by Dahut)
    There are. They are just harder to find.
    They're not harder to find; just harder to notice.

I'm a "nice" guy in the sense that I am not a jerk and get along with people well. I don't drink or smoke and love to work hard.
    I'm also not a wimp: I'm muscular and strong and have gotten quite a few compliments about my physique.

However I am a megavirgin (mega in the sense that no kisses, no dates, no gf ever, nothing) but that has more to do with the fact that I never go out and that I just don't know how to talk to girls, not because I'm a nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    If you mean a gentleman in the sense that he'll be the perfect man who'll sweep you off your feet like in a romance novel, then no there aren't any.

But there are plenty of guys who'll be nice, do their best in a relationship, not cheat, listen to things and all that. You just have to look in the right places, like libraries, universities and non-gay salsa classes.

ReputationRep:
    No. Don't be an idiot. We're all *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Can I be honest and brutal? The girls who are desperately trying to find a gentleman (like Edward in Twilight or Henry in Time Travellers Wife, etc) are usually the stuck-up, snooty, ignorant & selfish girls that us 'nice guys' try incredibly hard to avoid. That's the harsh reality im afraid. Bella in Twilight? Yeah, we avoid them. Cathy in Wuthering Heights? Yeah, we avoid them.

Look at it the comparison here. Edward - perfect gentleman. Bella - finds it so hard to choose between him and Jacob. Heathcliff - Windswept and interesting gentleman. Cathy - finds it so hard to choose between the man who loves her and the rich arrogant guy in the massive mansion house.

The comparisons go on, the gentlemen in books are always paired with women that in real life gentlemen avoid like the plague.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't think there are any nice guys, just watch Matt Berry in action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I66aySW4le8

Do any other girls feel like there are just no gentlemen left in the world? Sorry to be moany but its true, I'd love to find one
    Where are you?

I've been looking for a girl who's after a nice guy for years.

ReputationRep:
    No, they've all run out now so you should make more TSR threads

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think I'm a nice guy... I have to make it up for the looks see :p:. I don't get any female attention what so ever. Ah well

ReputationRep:
    There are. Seriously. Not all guys are the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    You women piss me off. You say you want a 'nice guy' or a 'gentleman' but when one comes along you ignore him and go for the cocky arrogant guy who treats you like dirt and doesn't respect you.

Make up your ******* mind.
    True as! well said.

It seems that girls love the arrogant guy that treats them like ****.
    Then when they meet a nice guy they don't give him half a chance.
    I don't care if this is what girls go for, but allow yapping on about finding a nice guy when they don't pay any attention to them in the first place!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.