Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as_94)
    I would consider myself a gentlemen. Don't worry, there are more of us!

The problem is that I'm 16, and people my age in general are very shallow. A gentlemen gets nowhere. Somebody said to me: "The nice guy always finishes last."

But... I'm not going to change who I am because teenage girls want to be with a jerk. Even if girls don't respond to my personality, because I'm not a bad boy, I really don't care. I'm just waiting in the knowledge that somebody will come along and she'll love me for who I am

Gentlemen are hard to find, but once you find them, they're hard to lose
    ********. The nice guy finishes in the shower.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy... and straight, and I find I have the same problem finding friends. Most guys I have nothing in common with... they've know sense of emotion or sensitivity and seem to thrive on being jerks.

That said, I have some guys who I really get on with and who have a lot about them. Persevere and you'll find somebody one day

I have the problem in that most girls seem to be more concerned with complete dicks, rather than anyone with a bit of depth.

One of the reasons I'm looking forward to uni.. is there might be, you know... people like me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Thought so but not so sure anymore. Even the 'nice guys' turn out to be dicks.
    I agree and even though everyone says nice guys don't get given a chance, it's not like girls purposefully reject them because they're nice, it's just to do with personalities. i personally cannot stand jerks and therefore am more likely to favour a nice guy.. but that doesn't mean I'll like every ncie guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomtsrgirl)
    I can't find any true gentlemen either Am trying, but can't find any!
    keep looking and i'm sure you girls will find one :yep:, it can work the other way too, my brother has had quite a few girl friends and only 1/4 of them are/were "nice" according to him :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiecrisp)
    I agree and even though everyone says nice guys don't get given a chance, it's not like girls purposefully reject them because they're nice, it's just to do with personalities. i personally cannot stand jerks and therefore am more likely to favour a nice guy.. but that doesn't mean I'll like every ncie guy.
    I alwaaaaaays used to go for the 'bad boys' but realised that I wasn't getting treated right etc but it turns out that I'm getting just as hurt from the supposed nice guys. I just can't win!
    I will always go for personality over looks now though.

ReputationRep:
    I know right, so hard finding nice guys...

ReputationRep:
    As we can see this is all stupid. Girls want nice guys but admit they will not like every nice guy. Ok...so a guy has the same chance being a jerk than being a nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    another typical girly courtship rant

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same. Personally not to be big headed, but im a genuine nice girl, I dont drink, smoke or anything and would always go for somebody with a nice personality. Looks only matter the little bit. Ive never been interested in the bad guy, or the guy that tries to gets girls attention, its silly and lame. The economy has wrecked a lot, but there a lot of nice guys in the world, a lot of gentleman. There just hard to find i guess. But hey, at least there are some!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as_94)
    I would consider myself a gentlemen. Don't worry, there are more of us!

The problem is that I'm 16, and people my age in general are very shallow. A gentlemen gets nowhere. Somebody said to me: "The nice guy always finishes last."

But... I'm not going to change who I am because teenage girls want to be with a jerk. Even if girls don't respond to my personality, because I'm not a bad boy, I really don't care. I'm just waiting in the knowledge that somebody will come along and she'll love me for who I am

Gentlemen are hard to find, but once you find them, they're hard to lose
    That's deep, man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 69Crazyfists)
    There are. Girls I know befriend the nice ones, go out with ****-heads and then complain they can't find the nice guys.

Retarded.
    :yep: This is so true, girls why do we do this arrrrggghhh it annoys me.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.heartless-*****es.com/ran...niceguys.shtml

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Some girls do that. I befriend the ****-heads, and go out with the nice one.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Nice guys are too hard to find, which is why I date women.

ReputationRep:
    I have to disagree with you OP, we are the ones that usually pick the loser type guys and the guys that are disrespectful and arrogant, i have in the past when "nice guys" have asked me out, and i just rejected them, dont know why i do this. So its not true..... :no:

ReputationRep:
    No. we are all ****.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is full of bull ****

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion you should really change this thread to 'nice, attractive guys'. Then you put in things like 'must have money', 'must be popular' and et cetera, and you wonder why your options appear to be thinning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jojo1993)
    Some girls do that. I befriend the ****-heads, and go out with the nice one.

That's almost sane... Why befriend the ****-heads though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Scout.)
    Thought so but not so sure anymore. Even the 'nice guys' turn out to be dicks.
    Exactly. http://www.laymark.com/i/cz/cz02.gif

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.