Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No Gentlemen anywhere!

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of nice, gentlemanly guys around! The amount of times girls complain that there's no nice guys, because they're "hardcore" badass boyfriend treats them badly.

ReputationRep:
    chivalry is dead, and whores killed it

ReputationRep:
    Mostly when girls are talking about 'nice guys' they are not talking about the same people as when men are talking about 'nice guys'. Most men who describe themselves as 'nice guys' are just pushovers. What girls are talking about is a confident, attractive guy who is respectful and doesn't mess her about. You can be respectful without being a pussy. Most girls find confidence attractive, and men who are more confident are usually seen by those less confident to be dicks. The reality is that some of them are dicks, but a lot of them certainly aren't. Girls don't want wet and 'nice', they want assertive and confident. E.g., if she wants to go to a restaurant, an assertive guy will say, 'let's go to this place then, unless you fancy something else'. A 'nice guy' will usually say 'oh, where do you want to go?'. Subtle, but different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    i hate being the one to offer the shoulder to cry one, damn, i'm always in the friend zone

Son, I am dissapoint.

You do not offer to let a girl cry on you whatsoever, just ignore them and say yeah..., oh I bought *** today/yesterday, wanna see?"

Yes its cold but women respond to it. They do not respond sexually to a wet towel they're crying on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Son, I am dissapoint.

You do not offer to let a girl cry on you whatsoever, just ignore them and say yeah..., oh I bought *** today/yesterday, wanna see?"

Yes its cold but women respond to it. They do not respond sexually to a wet towel they're crying on.
    hmm, i don't like being harsh too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    hmm, i don't like being harsh too
    its not harsh, I would recoil in shock and horror if any woman ever tried to console themselves with me, seriously, I may be her 'friend' or whatevertheywantittobe, but I'm not their Gf.

Keep it to females only tah!

ReputationRep:
    they exist..somewhere...i need to find one

ReputationRep:
    its not harsh, I would recoil in shock and horror if any woman ever tried to console themselves with me, seriously, I may be her 'friend' or whatevertheywantittobe, but I'm not their Gf.

Keep it to females only tah!
    last time i wasn't there for a friend, the next day she knocked on my door and said "where the beep you been last night?" i replied "sod off"

ReputationRep:
    Quite obviously, yes.
    However as people have pointed out: 'nice guys always finish last'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannicottell)
    No Gentlemen anywhere!

Come round my end.

The doors have this tendency to whack girls in the face once I've passed through!

ReputationRep:
    I open doors, give women the right of way and all that etc and it's got me nowhere real fast!

ReputationRep:
    Come round my end.

The doors have this tendency to whack girls in the face once I've passed through!
    Nice.

ReputationRep:
    Gentlemen end up with gentlewomen. So if you can't find one, it's probably a reflection on you!

ReputationRep:
    Girls say they want nice guys... it's rubbish. What's the quickest way to get a girl wet? Give her a slap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reflexive)
    Girls say they want nice guys... it's rubbish. What's the quickest way to get a girl wet? Give her a slap.

hahaha

I lol'd good n proper because I got a vision of it.

ReputationRep:
    You want a gentleman, yet you will moan because the "gentleman" is not rough enough in bed.

seriously...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean "are there any nice guys who are sexually aggressive, are significantly-better-than-average looking, are capable of understanding women infallibly (even when the woman is making a conscious effort to complicate things for no reason, which is *very* common) and have high social standing and ability?"

Having high standards is fine, as is having more than one condition for a guy to be deemed acceptable, but don't complain that you can't find someone who doesn't fulfil one specific condition when the problem is that you can't find anyone who fulfils *all* of them.

EDIT: Those people who say that girls just want to be abused are grossly oversimplifying and are in many cases outright mistaken. The fact that one extreme is unattractive doesn't make the other attractive; it's usually a middle ground that they're looking for.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that nice guys tend to not approach girls as often as badboys. And we all know girls rarely approach anyone (they give a little look and smile, but always leave the hard work up to the guy). Therefore, how's it going to work?

ReputationRep:
    No, but thats just a guess. It's the ones that "seem nice" that you gotta look out for..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.