Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo1234)
    Unfortunately yes. I had an interview with them a couple of weeks back which involved explaining why I liked River Island clothes, what my hobbies were and why I thought retail was the job for me. I responded that I needed the cash, I was looking for a summer job after all not a sodding career in a clothes shop. Needless to say I didn't get the job :p: but I've found a different one for the summer now anyway so it's all good
    How long did it take for them to reply to you.. im still waiting for mine :s ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    This all sounds very sad and pathetic. Is this how low they stoop now when it comes to interview processes?

it really is pathetic! i have an interview with them on monday...judging from previous posts, not only i have to research on what celebrities are more likely to wear, i FIRST i have to make myself familiar with most them!!! imagine they ask us to bring outfit that someone from geordie shore or made in chelsea will wear??!!!? i will definitely lose my chance of getting the job because i don't know who they are!!

but i definitely want and need this job more than anything and probably more than anyone who will attend the interview on that day! what happens to recruiting based on individual's personal skills and abilities??

ReputationRep:
    Dude, i'm not sure if you get it but River Island are a high street FASHION store. I think its a given that you'd have to be at least a bit familiar with their clothes. And its really necessary to know what the latest trends are.

That said, i do work in River Island, and people come up to me all the time asking whats in style or to come up with outfits for them for events. What would be your plan of action then hmm??

ReputationRep:
    how long does it take for them to get back to you after an interview?

ReputationRep:
    Any tips on role models? and am not sure whats the latest fashion trends , any help people!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammy2011)
    I've worked at two different River Island stores now and both times were different. My first recruitment event was in a River Island store, we had to choose an outfit from the shop floor for an occassion chosen by the manager and we had to say why we choose it.... remember to talk about the latest styles and trends (research them!)... what you see people in magazines and on tv wearing etc. My second store I worked at was oxford circus branch, i had my recruitment event in the job centre which was really weird lol. We had quite a few of us in a tiny room and they gave us a piece of paper and we had to write down a list of customer service skills etc, they watch the groups closely to see who speaks up the most, who is confident etc and who knows what they're talking about, so don't be shy and stand out!!

Good luck x
    what did you wear to your interviews ?

ReputationRep:
    hey,

i would also like to know what to say if i'm asked why i'm wearing what i'm wearing - my automatic response would probably be "because it's cold and i'm comfy" but i'm guessing that's not what they're looking for lol.

also where would i find out about the latest fashion trends ect?

thanks for any help x

ReputationRep:
    I wore a t-shirt from Next. Still got the job so I suppose it's more about how confident and persuasive you are.

ReputationRep:
    I have just booked a interview slot with them. It said it would last 30 minutes? Is this true?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the uniform is like? As I rather a uniform! And the pay? For over 21?

ReputationRep:
    hey ive also just booked in a slot, mine is from monday at 6pm.

im just wondering just like most of the people on this thread have been asking but,, have they changed the style of the recruitment process E.g making an outfit for a celeb
    and what would be the best way to answer the questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaloop)
    Does anybody know what the uniform is like? As I rather a uniform! And the pay? For over 21?
    When I was working there we were wearing black trousers and a black River Island staff top everyone got (and depends on the hours, you get a certain amount of trousers and tops). And I got 6.08 per hour

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I've got a 'Recruitment Event' this friday, and it says it's 2 hours long. Most of these threads are from around 1/2 years ago so just wondering if the whole process is still the same. Also people have been saying to wear just normal casual clothing, but I was thinking of going with smart trousers/shirt/tie and then a casual cardigan or something on top as I would feel as if I wasn't there for an interview if I were in my normal clothing. I'm pretty up-to-date with fashion and always shop at river island so know what's going on but I would still feel uncomfortable wearing my grey chinos and a t-shirt for an interview.

Cheers x

ReputationRep:
    @mattfletcher93
    i have mine at 6, so ill update this thread and tell you what everyone was wearing and what happened and shiz
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattfletcher93)
    Hey guys,
    I've got a 'Recruitment Event' this friday, and it says it's 2 hours long. Most of these threads are from around 1/2 years ago so just wondering if the whole process is still the same. Also people have been saying to wear just normal casual clothing, but I was thinking of going with smart trousers/shirt/tie and then a casual cardigan or something on top as I would feel as if I wasn't there for an interview if I were in my normal clothing. I'm pretty up-to-date with fashion and always shop at river island so know what's going on but I would still feel uncomfortable wearing my grey chinos and a t-shirt for an interview.

Cheers x
    What store is yours at i got the same day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lisaloop)
    I have just booked a interview slot with them. It said it would last 30 minutes? Is this true?
    Have you had your interview i got a 30mins too tell me what they ask and what know thanks ! x

ReputationRep:
    Well I've had mine and it lasted 2hour
    There were 10 of us and we were split into two groups and were given an icebreaker just chatting to eachother and then introduced ourselves.
    Then were given another task to create a mind map on why it was important to have products knowledge what is good customer service and why we liked river island. Whilst this was going on we were taking into another room individually and asked customer situation questions.
    Then we created another mind map on what we were wearing and why.
    After that it was just a general q&a
    The manager had said that it was good to see people come in clothes theyd normally wear(no suits lol)
    And then after that we were done hope that helps people

ReputationRep:
    Sadly i didn't get the job

ReputationRep:
    Scratch that now apparently i have

ReputationRep:
    if anyone's interested i know the discounts and pay aswell x

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.