Turn on thread page Beta

River Island recruitment day/interview, HELP? watch

ReputationRep:
    I have been invited to an interview for River Island X-mass temp assistant,

I have read a few things regarding what to expect i.e group tasks consisting of being assigned a celebrity for example a member of JLS going on a night out, and then you have a few minutes to choose items and accessories suiting the criteria as i have my recruitment interview in a week i don't have any first hand information but will inform every one when i do go.

I am more concerned of what i should wear, for example i was thinking smart casual for instance casual blazer/chinos or jeans and plimsolls, I feel you need to conform and sell the image of River Island, do any guys have examples of things they have worn and what to expect during the recruitment process?

Also as my local store is rather small and comes across working there seems tedious does any one have any enjoyable experiences while working for them?

As soon as i completed the interview and hear from River i will let every one know!

ReputationRep:
    Heey I'm in the same situation here can anyone give me more tips as I'm seriously get worried about the interview day...
    did they ask anything about fashion etc. really need your help

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview next Tuesday for an Christmans Temp job, pretty excited for it but also nervous... There has been some good responses on here though, really helped with some of the questions that I had (: , has anyone else got one on this day too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wavy)
    I have an interview next Tuesday for an Christmans Temp job, pretty excited for it but also nervous... There has been some good responses on here though, really helped with some of the questions that I had (: , has anyone else got one on this day too?
    where is your interview taking place?

ReputationRep:
    I had my Interview for a temp christmas job last tuesday. Unfortuantly the ran over in time with the team exercises and presentations so they only had time to do 1 on 1 interviews with about 4 out of 28 people. they told us they would get back to us all in the next to days to come back for the 1 on 1 interview. Well a whole week went by and i never got one phone call, email or nothing.
    So monday just gone a rang the store up monday and the manager was busy so i left a message to get back to me but again they never did so i rang again the next day and did the same thing but this time 5 mins after my phone call with them i got a message saying i never got the job. I was a bit annoyed as i never got a chance for a 1 on 1 interview. But then the day after (wednesday just gone) i got a phone call saying i got the job!
    I was very confuesed but over the moon at the same time. I didnt get a chance to ask about the email. They told me they will ring me on monday for all the information on when my induction day will take place and hours and time and when i will start but this time the woman was nice enough to say if we forget to ring you monday make sure you ring us because you still have the job we just might have been to busy to remeber! so long story short im now a very happy girl haha
    this happen to any body else?

ReputationRep:
    Last bit of advice, don't steal something as you're walking out of the interview, it doesn't help

ReputationRep:
    ^^ just to be clear I didn't actually do that, I was just trying to make a joke

ReputationRep:
    I had my Interview for a temp christmas job last tuesday. Unfortuantly the ran over in time with the team exercises and presentations so they only had time to do 1 on 1 interviews with about 4 out of 28 people. they told us they would get back to us all in the next to days to come back for the 1 on 1 interview. Well a whole week went by and i never got one phone call, email or nothing.
    So monday just gone a rang the store up monday and the manager was busy so i left a message to get back to me but again they never did so i rang again the next day and did the same thing but this time 5 mins after my phone call with them i got a message saying i never got the job. I was a bit annoyed as i never got a chance for a 1 on 1 interview. But then the day after (wednesday just gone) i got a phone call saying i got the job!
    I was very confuesed but over the moon at the same time. I didnt get a chance to ask about the email. They told me they will ring me on monday for all the information on when my induction day will take place and hours and time and when i will start but this time the woman was nice enough to say if we forget to ring you monday make sure you ring us because you still have the job we just might have been to busy to remeber! so long story short im now a very happy girl haha
    this happen to any body else?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Sabax & Lauren287, can I ask which store you applied to? I've actually got my interview for a Christmas temp on the 20th of this month so was wondering if it is for the same store, chances are slim but still its good to know

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i got an interview for river island this week, has anyone recently been to one, what were you asked to do in the group tasks and what did they ask you on the one to one question?

ReputationRep:
    DOES ANYONE HAVE OR RECENTLY HAD AN INTERVIEW AT THE bristol river island store

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamsameera)
    Hey Sabax & Lauren287, can I ask which store you applied to? I've actually got my interview for a Christmas temp on the 20th of this month so was wondering if it is for the same store, chances are slim but still its good to know
    I wouldn say you have your interview in the same store as mine haha as mine was in the Henry street Dublin store x

ReputationRep:
    I'v just completed the interview for my local River Island,

There where 10 people in the staff room consisting of 8 girls and i was 1 of 2 guys, we first start off with an ice breaker for example an introduction and what you enjoy or are passionate about, we where then put in to groups of 5 and there where two designated questions. "How would you deliver excellent customer service" and "How would you work in a group efficiently"

We where then given 10 minutes to devise and delegate sections to present for 5 minutes, it was all very formal and "observer" was in the back of the room looking at how every one contributed and who spoke up, when writing down the points, i would advise you to take control and team lead. As i say it was laid back and comfortable when it came to presenting we all said our pieces and then where asked to elaborate, this is key to show enthusiasm so don't hold back and stay in the crowd. Try and be as confident as possible while smiling and creating eye contact with every one.

After this phase i was expecting to be ask to pic out an out fit from the shop floor or any seasonal fashion questions, but we where just invited individually to complete a set of 1-1 interviews, questions in my interview that where asked included:

Describe a time when you where under pressure?
    When have you problem solved?
    Describe a time when you have lead a team?
    How would you're friends and previous employers describe you?
    How would you describe you're self in one word?
    and why would you like to work for river island?

The key is the create a scenario for each of these questions and make sure you do you're homework on providing great customer service, the interviewer then said she would be in contact. . . so hopefully i am successful. If any one would like to know how i answered each question just send myself a message good luck to people who have interviews to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shannytee)
    where is your interview taking place?
    At the Luton mall River Island

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antwon123)
    DOES ANYONE HAVE OR RECENTLY HAD AN INTERVIEW AT THE bristol river island store

I havent had one at the Bristol store, but they are pretty much the same for most stors I think and I had mine yesterday.

youre in a group of about twelve people, and then split into 4 groups within that. Youre given a task of discussing how to contribute to customer service and why you will enjoy working at river island and then you basically have to feedback to the manager about your thoughts. Make sure your voice is heard and you give valid points, research into the brand on there website, what the current trends are there and what charities they support.

you are then taken to a separate room for one on one questions asking how your employers would describe you, describe a situation when youve completed a task and helped others etc. they are looking for you to be able to answer the questions and think on your feet.

we then finally got asked who our style icons are and why, make sure yiu dint have anyone the same as anyone else and that you can justify yourself, say how you dress similar etc.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.