Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I know this is easier said than done, but seriously, get over it.

Everyone has a period in life when they feel like complete and utter ****. You're going through that right now, but it will not last forever. If you're a nice person, people will realise it and eventually, you'll be treated better.

ReputationRep:
    I know about the sports thing. My parents do not support my sport at all claiming it's too dangerous and sports are not important in life. They can't give you good education after all - that's what I hear all the time.

But your life doesn't sound that bad. It's just unfortunate. I wouldn't think of suicide over not seeing someone too often.

Crappy parents are everywhere. But it's sometimes better to be told your choices are bad. It's even better to not having them care a crap about you. But when they treat you like an object only to achieve their selfish desires... that's when the bad starts.

ReputationRep:
    I really do understand you, i am afraid its either get help from like counselling and stuff or just carry on living like that. Which one would you prefer?
    seriously DONT THINK ABOUT KILLING YOURSELF! it isnt the right way through it- trust me. And talk to your parents when they are in a happy mood- and am sure your old enough now to move out and that girl that you met in a festival- there are a lot of fishes in the sea! just please dont think about doing anything like that- get some help now! xx

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. Seriously, your life sounds a lot better then mine was/is, and I've thought about killing myself, I've suffered with depression for a few years, and I'm the same age as you. Don't try, your problems are difficult, but YOU WILL work through them. There's ALWAYS a way, and I'm proof of that pm me if you want to chat.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, you do not know what I have been through.

I was a trillion times worse than you.

Millions of people want to kill themselves.

You are not the only one.

Stop crying.

Get help, ask friends for help. Listen too good music, sooth the mind. Nevermind all the people that trouble you, the last solution is to just go to the police, or go to the gp for some anti depressants.

Things will eventually get better OP, you're probably feeling really really down right now, and feel like nothing will get better, I used to feel like that, you just need to be strong and don't do it, but just get some help, I'm on anti-depressants, and honestly I feel much better

ReputationRep:
    Don't kill yourself /= Why would you waste your life, just because somebody else is acting like ****?!

I just had a massive argument with my parents, who were basically - I dont care what you like, what you interests are, how are you doing, how you live - just get As (im in uni 2nd year and they heard from friends that only 10% get good jobs) and if you dont, this means you have only being partying. I cried my eyes out. I felt so unloved and uncared for >.<

And then immediately said that I'm a failure and don't deserve anything and yeah - the whole tirade (classical)

I just wanted to say that there are so many like you, yes you could have been born in another, happier, different family, but that's it...you can't change it /=

Just try your best, earn some independence and hopefully, you'll do better!
    Try to hold yourself together, so at some point you'll get rid of them : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somebody17)
    :top: cool story bro

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I know it's silly, but whenever I'm feeling down I look at all the posters, coming up after you type "courage wolf" in google : 3

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cou...ient=firefox-a

ReputationRep:
    Its just ............ So how do we know what you're going through to help you with?

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to kill yourself, or do you want to find a sense of happiness that doesn't rely on other people or what you possess etc.?

No one can stop you from being a happy person, a content person with a secure foundation of character.

Erase the thoughts of killing yourself because you've got a lot of character building to do, which will be an amazing journey.
    Slowly build up your character and you'll feel like a new person, and you deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    To all those people saying that your life was worse than his, so he should not be complaining - that's surely not the point.

You're in the best position to give him real advice instead of just saying 'stop crying and get over it'. Why should people have to fit into certain criteria to be depressed and contemplating suicide?

ReputationRep:
    Please don't. :/

dont u think u would help population explosion?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.