Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently staying in a mixdorm hostel and I'm not sure how to behave.
    If thats the right word, like right now I'm a little lost on the topic of changing in the morning for a shower.

In the men showers, there's only enough room to get into the shower with just a shampoo bottle and a towel. Which means I can only change when I am in my room, or the room of 4 or so people, girls and guys. I don't mind changing in front of guys but not sure about girls.

Anytips? This is my first time being in a hostel and I've only been here for a day or so.

ReputationRep:
    ouch that's tricky

but as a girl i can say that i'd find it a bit (well a lot really) weird if a guy was getting change in front of me.

but if there really is no room just tell them to not look or go away for a few secs or something??

ReputationRep:
    If it's anything judging by what people I've known have done, hot-boxing the room is a good start. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I believe when it's mixed you're supposed to have an orgy.

The internet wouldn't lie surely?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    In all the hostels I've stayed at there is generally room in the showers for changing, you don't need to do it in your room?

(Not in the actual shower necessarily, but in that room)

ReputationRep:
    The showers/bathroom is a bit small, but it's possible. I can try.

ReputationRep:
    Ask people to turn around. (Regardless of whether they do, because if they don't then it's their own fault) turn your back yo them so they're getting the arse rather than the crotch, and then just don't dawdle.

ReputationRep:
    Put your pants on as soon as you've tried yourself so it's less embarrassing if you do have to get dressed in your room.

ReputationRep:
    :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, they've probably seen it all before anyway :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    The problem with changing in your room being...?

I've stayed in 2 hostels in my time and in both of them it never occurred to me to change anywhere other than my room.

ReputationRep:
    Change in the bathroom/showerroom. I did when I was in a hostel and it was only the size of a cupboard.

ReputationRep:
    Dry yourself and put your pants on in the shower room. Then put the rest of your clothes on in the bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine went to Australia recently and in one Hostel they had a "girls only" area.

ReputationRep:
    Strip down to your underwear, wrap a towel round yourself, remove undies.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.