The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Thought we needed one of these! So, where is everyone applying? Mines in my sig :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AW man! there has to be more than just the one of you!

any RSAMDites I'd be well chuffed to help :biggrin:
Reply 2
Gah, man, I have NO idea.
I know what I want from a course I just can't work out whether that course is going to give me it or not. Y'know?
And I want to be in a place that inspires me, etc, yet going on a couple of open days I've not walked in and gone 'Woah I'm at home', I dunno.. I think I'm finding this whole process a little overwhelming and am pressuring myself a little too much.
:eek:

Any tips or anything?!
mapleransom
Gah, man, I have NO idea.
I know what I want from a course I just can't work out whether that course is going to give me it or not. Y'know?
And I want to be in a place that inspires me, etc, yet going on a couple of open days I've not walked in and gone 'Woah I'm at home', I dunno.. I think I'm finding this whole process a little overwhelming and am pressuring myself a little too much.
:eek:

Any tips or anything?!

Hey!! Yeah i completely understand what you mean, i changed my options so many times cause i dont feel inspired!
Where have you been to look? I visited Royal Holloway and really loved it, i felt they offer so much in terms of the course/extra curricular. Are you applying to university or schools?
Reply 4
Well, depending on what you want out of it :smile: I went to Leeds open day and they said that "this is not the course for you if you want to be an actor", yet the week after I went to Birmingham open day and they started there speech with "if you want to be an actor, this is the place to be"
Reply 5
BUMPING THIS UP!
I am most certainly applying this year for a Drama degree!

I keep changing my mind every day *literally* but right now my choices are:
via UCAS: CSSD, Drama Centre London, Rose Bruford, Manchester Met, Falmouth
via ONLINE: Urdang, Guildhall, LAMDA, RADA

and i'm not too sure about Birmingham School of Acting, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, LIPA and East 15 yet :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
BSA is amazing! Worth going at least for an open day for you to see it!
Yeah, I'm applying to RADA, LAMDA, Drama Centre, Guildhall, BOVTS and RSAMD.
Any help/advice, much appriciated :wink:
Reply 8
I'm at Birmingham School Of Acting...so If anyone has any questions they want to ask about it I'm happy to help
Reply 9
suprised RWCMD aint came up yet.
if anyone has any questions about this, or CSSD with Stage management or prod managemnt give me a message
Reply 10
Good luck to everyone with their applications!

Any questions about Stage Management at CSSD and I'll try to help, just message me :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by luke2008

Original post by luke2008
I'm at Birmingham School Of Acting...so If anyone has any questions they want to ask about it I'm happy to help

I'm struggling finding a contemporary monolgue? Any help? Or ways to find one you can relate to? x
Original post by lilbunni3
BUMPING THIS UP!
I am most certainly applying this year for a Drama degree!

I keep changing my mind every day *literally* but right now my choices are:
via UCAS: CSSD, Drama Centre London, Rose Bruford, Manchester Met, Falmouth
via ONLINE: Urdang, Guildhall, LAMDA, RADA

and i'm not too sure about Birmingham School of Acting, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, LIPA and East 15 yet :/

I have applied to BOVTS and I think its well worth looking into it. It sounds amazing, especially with the aftercare they offer. They look after you until you get a decent steady job. I've also applied to CSSD, LIPA, RADA, Manchester Met. Really really hoping that I'll get a place somewhere :biggrin:.
But I could really do with some help with monologues. Any suggestions anyone? I would really appreciate it :smile:.
Ooh, I could do with fellow drama applicants to talk to!

My choices:
Falmouth - Theatre: Directing
Falmouth - Theatre: Performance
Salford - Contemporary Theatre Practice
Sheffield Hallam - Performance for Stage and Screen
Surrey - Theatre Studies

No. 1 choice is Falmouth; I love the idea of being in that part of the country, it's an artist hotspot, home to the Mynac, home to Kneehigh etc. The courses themselves look great, and the university has really good industry links.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Hi fellow drama applicants/students,

Im hoping to study Stage Management/Technical Theatre.

I've applied to:
RWCMD, CSSD, Rose Bruford, Guidhall and possibly some others

Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by TaffyBexx
Hi fellow drama applicants/students,

Im hoping to study Stage Management/Technical Theatre.

I've applied to:
RWCMD, CSSD, Rose Bruford, Guidhall and possibly some others

Good luck everyone :smile:

Good choice there, I done the first 3 for the same course, and done interviews at RWCMD and CSSD, currently in first year of RWCMD. If you have any questions or heaeding down this way let me know :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Thugnificent.
So this is the official drama 2011 thread?

my choices are

Rose Bruford - American theatre arts
Central - Tv & screen

and 3 other uni's that do acting/drama,

I am also going to apply to drama schools outside of UCAS.

Also does anyone have any ideas of good monologues for a teen? its so hard to find all those books are rubbish! lol

It's not hard at all if you look in the right places. Go to the NT Bookshop & Samuel French in London and you will have to big a choice and will start complaining that you can't choose!
Still contemplating applying to GSA for Production skills, Just doubtful i'd get in.
Where do everyone's interests lie with drama/theatre? What sort of experience do people have (such as performing etc)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending