The Student Room Group

Drama School/University Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Has anyone had interviews at Bristol or Warwick yet? I have them coming up and wondered what to expect:eek:
Reply 301
Original post by Virna

Have you heard anything from RADA yet? I haven't heard a peep! its been 2 months! :s-smilie: :confused:

xxx
Reply 302
Original post by TaffyBexx
RWCMD interview was okay, it was really informal and quite fun lol, they ask the usual questions and then go through your portfolio and personal statement and talk about things from there.
Cardiff is lovely :smile: Thats my problem with the london ones theyre all too close lol

If you have any other questions about the interview let me know xx

I love RWCMD! but still haven't recieved an interview from them? :s-smilie: they said on their open day that they interview everyone that applies so I'm starting to worry :P how long ago did you recieve yours? :smile: xx
Reply 303
Original post by Rich!!
Have you heard anything from RADA yet? I haven't heard a peep! its been 2 months! :s-smilie: :confused:

xxx

Friend of mine called today to ask and apparently they told her that they aren't sending offers until all interviews are done! And I got a letter from LAMDA saying I have to accept or decline my offer by 17th of feb!!!
Anyone got any recommendations or thoughts on performances this year? I've scouted the local theatres to me, and there doesn't seem to be anything interesting going on.

Edit: Kneehigh in February! Yeahboi. Was considering John Richardson but I finish work too late :frown: Damn.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 305
Original post by Wicked_Girliee_Xx
Haha im just as bad =D yeah i remember your guys installation it was really good! and yeah i think i know who you are hehe
so is central your first choice?? xxx

wooohoo some success there! :tongue:

Errrm well i haven't seen LIPA yet, but as it stands, yes it's currently my favourite.
how about yours?

xxx
Reply 306
Original post by Rich!!
I love RWCMD! but still haven't recieved an interview from them? :s-smilie: they said on their open day that they interview everyone that applies so I'm starting to worry :P how long ago did you recieve yours? :smile: xx

Same its AMAZE lol. I applied 11th Nov and got an interview invite 2/3 weeks later and then I recieve an actual date on 20th Dec :smile: When did you send it off?? xx
Original post by Rich!!

They will get around to everyone in time. I didn't have mine till Feb and received the letter 2 weeks before.
When you hear, if you have any questions I'll try to help being so im there at the moment =]
Original post by thedramaqueen*
Hi :smile:

Are you going to Exeter for the two day workshop on monday and tuesday? If so-see you there!!

I'm also STILL waiting to hear from Bristol :confused: Surely they must reply soon, seeing as the first interview date is 9th Feb?? Let's hope so anyway! xx

Hi!... yes will be there for Monday and Tuesday - am going down for the weekend to stay with a friend so that should be good... hope to see you there!.. Good Luck!..

BTW how do you know the first interview is 9th Feb?

see you next week:smile:
Original post by kittenwithawhip
Hi!... yes will be there for Monday and Tuesday - am going down for the weekend to stay with a friend so that should be good... hope to see you there!.. Good Luck!..

BTW how do you know the first interview is 9th Feb?

see you next week:smile:

Ah awesome! Yeah, see you there :smile: Good Luck to you too! Did you get an e-mail from them today btw? The start time for the first day has changed!

I got an e-mail from Bristol before christmas saying that they were holding my application until all possible candidates had applied. They put the interview dates in the e-mail (which are 9th feb, 23rd feb and 9th march, if you're wondering!)

See you soon! xx
Reply 310
Original post by Virna
Friend of mine called today to ask and apparently they told her that they aren't sending offers until all interviews are done! And I got a letter from LAMDA saying I have to accept or decline my offer by 17th of feb!!!

Oh dear :s-smilie: if you accept your offer, do you absolutely have to go there? I mean, if rada were to give you an offer after, could you then say "actually, i don't want to come to your silly lamda drama school, even though i've accepted" ? :smile: xx

Same its AMAZE lol. I applied 11th Nov and got an interview invite 2/3 weeks later and then I recieve an actual date on 20th Dec :smile: When did you send it off?? xx

hmmm, i sent it off late novemberish too, haven't recieved anything about an interview yet :/ xx

Original post by robhall3192
They will get around to everyone in time. I didn't have mine till Feb and received the letter 2 weeks before.
When you hear, if you have any questions I'll try to help being so im there at the moment =]

haha, thankyou :smile: aren't you also on blue room technical forum? :P (went on there yesterday to look up rwcmd interviews) :L
Original post by thedramaqueen*
Ah awesome! Yeah, see you there :smile: Good Luck to you too! Did you get an e-mail from them today btw? The start time for the first day has changed!

I got an e-mail from Bristol before christmas saying that they were holding my application until all possible candidates had applied. They put the interview dates in the e-mail (which are 9th feb, 23rd feb and 9th march, if you're wondering!)

See you soon! xx

Hi - got the email from Exeter but hadn't noticed it had changed from original letter (will read it again!) should be ok though as I'll be there anyway.. Got the same email from Bristol re applications but they didn't tell me the interview dates!.. Wish they had - I now have an interview for UEA on the 23 feb which I changed from the 9th feb as I couldn't make it!... Oh well we shall have to see what happens... see you next week:wink:
Reply 312
I have an offer from RWCMD!!!!! Soo happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile: xx

Also I got an offer for Mountview, :biggrin:!! ..but im confused about the offer/replying to offer thing :s-smilie: x
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 313
I have an offer from RWCMD!!!!! Soo happy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile: xx

Also I got an offer for Mountview, :biggrin:!! ..but im confused about the offer/replying to offer thing :s-smilie: x

Awesome! Congratulations! and what do ya know, I've just recieved my interview from them :P :biggrin: xx
Reply 314
Original post by Rich!!
Awesome! Congratulations! and what do ya know, I've just recieved my interview from them :P :biggrin: xx

Thank you!! Haha good luck for your interview :smile: xx
Original post by Rich!!

haha, thankyou :smile: aren't you also on blue room technical forum? :P (went on there yesterday to look up rwcmd interviews) :L

yup =]
Original post by Lazyman
Has anyone had interviews at Bristol or Warwick yet? I have them coming up and wondered what to expect:eek:

HEY :smile:
I had my Warwick interview a couple of months ago...Is this for Theatre and Performance?..
Its a really lovely interview day, everyone is friendly...you get a tour, a talk etc. And then the interview is preparing a short talk (which is in groups of around 4) on a performance you've seen or been in...
Learn it off by heart and try and make it sound incredibly natural, like you're just thinking it up and are epically intelligent...:wink:
I changed my mind in the actual interview and talked about a performance I've been in...BIG RISK.
However, I got an offer :biggrin: So its all gooooood :smile:

I've got my GSA and Mountview auditions,
Plus just had my final recall for Central (MT)...:eek:
WAITING TO HEAR IS THE WORST.
Reply 317
Drama and theatre at Birmingham University or Theatre and performance at Leeds?
I've got offers from both and can't decide!
Original post by nikkiARGH
Drama and theatre at Birmingham University or Theatre and performance at Leeds?
I've got offers from both and can't decide!

You've got ages before you need to choose, why not visit each of them and see? When I got an offer last year from Birmingham, we got a post-offer day (coincidentally I thought the drama department seemed awful, but maybe that's just me!) Both are quite busy cities, but I think Leeds has the edge as far as social life goes... But yes, go visit! Contact the unis to organise proper visit days if you can, with a student ambassador and hopefully looking around the departments.
Hi! Been applying to all the usual places, but I heard of a place called Birmingham Theatre School. I've got an interview with them on Feb 8th and just wondered if anyone had anything about them? Good or bad!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending