Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevster0073)
    Anyone heard back from LIPA for Acting?

Hey Yes I heard back from LIPA Acting on the 15th of January, nearly a month ago, I got a conditional
    I auditioned on the 20th December, when did you audition? Let me know when you hear back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucky_star07)
    Hey, I have my initial round at Rose Bruford coming up. Just wondered what the format of the audition was?
    Also, anyone at the Bristol old vic recall 30th March??

x
    Hey, the rose bruford audition is lovely, soo relaxed and they are all so friendly! but it is quite a quick audition but you do have a tour of the school which is interesting. Hope it goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazyman)
    Has anyone had interviews at Bristol or Warwick yet? I have them coming up and wondered what to expect:eek:
    Hi I had an interview at Warwick and now have an offer It's not really like an interview, it feels quite relaxed. The practical workshop was quite fun too. And I've applied to Bristol as well but for Drama and French and have yet to hear... it's the only one I'm waiting for now!
    Where else have you applied?
    Good luck with your interviews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happydinosaur)
    Another year and no Warwick applicants on TSR so far....

I am very jealous of everyone starting out on drama degrees, wish mine could have lasted longer! Good luck everyone
    I have an offer from Warwick

(Original post by pepper17)
    I have an offer from Warwick
    Well done!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_f)
    Hey, the rose bruford audition is lovely, soo relaxed and they are all so friendly! but it is quite a quick audition but you do have a tour of the school which is interesting. Hope it goes well!
    Thanks very much. heard alot of great things about the place. Looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauracrocker)
    Hi, thanks still waiting for the outcome of the third round. The waiting is the worst part! To be honest there were mainly 18-21 year olds but I'm 25 and there were a hand full of others my age and older. I don't think being older would be a problem at all.
    Have you recieved an outcome?

ReputationRep:
    OK
    IM JUST A NORMAL GUY - THOUGHT I WOULD APPLY TO
    TOP DRAMA SCHOOL FOR THE 3YR BA - THEY ALL SAY NO UPPER AGE LIMIT
    AND CHECK THE SCHOOL/S OUT BEFORE APPLYING - WELL I DID, AND GUESS
    WHAT - NO ONE OVER 30/35 UPPWARDS HAS EVER GAINED A PLACE IN ALL TOP SCHOOLS- ALL SCHOOLS SAY IT VERY RARE WHEN ONE APPLIES - I TRACKED DOWN THE MOST SENIOR TUTOR OF THE TOP SCHOOL AND THEY EMAILED ME BACK - EXACT WORDS - THANKS FOR YOUR EMAIL THE AVERAGE AGE INTAKE AT ------- IS AROUND18-23.THEY DO TAKE OLDER AND YOU CAN GET STUDENTS UP TO EARLY 30S .IN MY 20 YEARS THERE I DONT KNOW ANY STUDENTS EVER EXCEPTED OVER 40
    THIS WOULD BE COMMON IN ALL THREE YEAR BA COURSES.IF YOU WANT A COURSE FOR YOUR AGE GROUP U PROBABLY NEED TO GO FOR AN MA -HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION ( CANT NAME THIS FAMOUS PERSON )
    NEXT DAY IM ON THE PHONE ASKING FOR MY AUDITION FEES BACK - THEY WHERE
    HORRIFIED AND ASKED ME TO GO AS THERE IS NO UPPER AGE LIMIT- I HAD THE DIRECTOR OF THE SCHOOL CALL ME IN PERSON SOME 40 MINS LATER AND LEFT A MESSAGE ON ANSWER MACHINE - CALLED THEM BACK NEXT DAY ON A DIRECT NUMBER AND HAD A LONG CHAT - ( all my calls are recorded ) THE DIRECTOR TOLD ME WHEN MY AUDITION DAY WAS AND WHO WAS GOING TO AUDITION
    ME MONTHS AGO -THEN IN THE CONVERSATION THE MD TOLD ME THE MINUTE YOU WALK IN THE AUDITION ROOM THAT THEY WILL KNOW IF YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR (THE SCHOOL INVOLVED ) MD WANTED TO KNOW PERSONS NAME WHO SENT EMAIL ?
    SENT EMAIL BACK TO THE FAMOUS TUTOR ...REPLY STATES .. YOU ASKED FOR THE TRUTH I TOLD YOU THE TRUTH SHAME ........? GOT SO DEFENSIVE AND CANT BE HONEST .(THAT WAS TWO EMAILS OF SIX )
    SO,FOR ALL YOU WANNABEES .....ITS ABOUT LOOKS AND NOT YOUR MONOS ETC ETC ....FOR ALL MATURE STUDENTS FORGET IT AS YOU ARE TOO OLD AS THERE
    NEVER HAS BEEN A MATURE STUDENT -- CHECK SPOTLIGHT BOOK OF GRADUATES
    OVER TWENTY YEARS ....I HAD A FAMOUS THEATRE EXPERT EMAIL ME AND HIS EXACT WORDS ARE....YOU APPEAR TO BE RIGHT ! CHECK ALL PAST GRADUATES
    ON THERE WEBSITES AGE,HEIGHT,AND ESPECIALLY LOOKS - SOUNDS LIKE A SELLING GAME FOR MODELS -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzo)
    OK
    WHAT - NO ONE OVER 30/35 UPPWARDS HAS EVER GAINED A PLACE IN ALL TOP SCHOOLS- ALL SCHOOLS SAY IT VERY RARE WHEN ONE APPLIES - I TRACKED DOWN THE MOST SENIOR TUTOR OF THE TOP SCHOOL AND THEY EMAILED ME BACK - EXACT WORDS - THANKS FOR YOUR EMAIL THE AVERAGE AGE INTAKE AT ------- IS AROUND18-23.THEY DO TAKE OLDER AND YOU CAN GET STUDENTS UP TO EARLY 30S .IN MY 20 YEARS THERE I DONT KNOW ANY STUDENTS EVER EXCEPTED OVER 40
    THIS WOULD BE COMMON IN ALL THREE YEAR BA COURSES.IF YOU WANT A COURSE FOR YOUR AGE GROUP U PROBABLY NEED TO GO FOR AN MA -HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION ( CANT NAME THIS FAMOUS PERSON )
    HORRIFIED AND ASKED ME TO GO AS THERE IS NO UPPER AGE LIMIT- I HAD THE DIRECTOR OF THE SCHOOL CALL ME IN PERSON SOME 40 MINS LATER AND LEFT A MESSAGE ON ANSWER MACHINE - CALLED THEM BACK NEXT DAY ON A DIRECT NUMBER AND HAD A LONG CHAT - ( all my calls are recorded ) THE DIRECTOR TOLD ME WHEN MY AUDITION DAY WAS AND WHO WAS GOING TO AUDITION
    ME MONTHS AGO -THEN IN THE CONVERSATION THE MD TOLD ME THE MINUTE YOU WALK IN THE AUDITION ROOM THAT THEY WILL KNOW IF YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR (THE SCHOOL INVOLVED ) MD WANTED TO KNOW PERSONS NAME WHO SENT EMAIL ?
    SENT EMAIL BACK TO THE FAMOUS TUTOR ...REPLY STATES .. YOU ASKED FOR THE TRUTH I TOLD YOU THE TRUTH SHAME ........? GOT SO DEFENSIVE AND CANT BE HONEST .(THAT WAS TWO EMAILS OF SIX )
    SO,FOR ALL YOU WANNABEES .....ITS ABOUT LOOKS AND NOT YOUR MONOS ETC ETC ....FOR ALL MATURE STUDENTS FORGET IT AS YOU ARE TOO OLD AS THERE
    OVER TWENTY YEARS ....I HAD A FAMOUS THEATRE EXPERT EMAIL ME AND HIS EXACT WORDS ARE....YOU APPEAR TO BE RIGHT ! CHECK ALL PAST GRADUATES
    ON THERE WEBSITES AGE,HEIGHT,AND ESPECIALLY LOOKS - SOUNDS LIKE A SELLING GAME FOR MODELS -
    Cheers for your input. Considering the oldest prospective drama students to have posted in this thread are mid 20s, I think we're okay. Also someone mentioned having someone in their 40s on their course. I'm curious to know how many people of the age you say is impossible to get place actually apply for a place.

All caps plus your spacing makes me want to kill myself. Sort yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, just wondering if anyone went to the Bristol LAMDA auditions on 5th and 6th of February and whether anyone has heard yet...
    Auditioned a couple of years ago and hate the 2-3 weeks you have to wait for a reply from them.
    Thanks

Alastair

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I had a LAMDA audition on 5th February but no, still haven't heard anything... :confused:
    I hate waiting!

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Middlesex(directing), but has yet to hear anything about any interview. How is Middlesex (directing)? How many students do they take in every year? I really want to go there, it sounds like a good course :-)

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person applying to BSA - I've looked through every page of this topic and no one else seems to have applied. I feel so alone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bird1992)
    Hey,
    I had a LAMDA audition on 5th February but no, still haven't heard anything... :confused:
    I hate waiting!
    if it's LAMDA, you could be waiting up to three weeks I believe, I got offered a recall 2 weeks after my audition... you are going to have to be very patient with them, most schools don't take this long at all and frankly I don't understand why they need that long, but I don't know - so... I'm not to judge/

(Original post by buzzo)
    OK
    What is the name of this drama school? I'm technically a mature student at 23 & I gained a place at central this year, I know 3 other people who have places too and they are all 18/19, maybe they are indeed right about the average age... but I personally know someone who got into a dramaschool at the age of 27, central have a 30 year on their showcase this year and I saw a man at a RADA play who looked like 45!

fascinating story though, really interested at what the school was! I have an idea, but If you don't mind sharing, one thing you are right about is drama schools choose who the want, they don't follow any rules... especially the one's who don't give feedback.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeyLimeLuca)
    Am I the only person applying to BSA - I've looked through every page of this topic and no one else seems to have applied. I feel so alone
    Haha! BSA is great...good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzo)
    OK
    At my Central audition there was someone who was 35 in his second year. The girl who gave the tour actually said she loves how they admit people who are older, it allows for more diversity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FutureElphie)
    Hey Yes I heard back from LIPA Acting on the 15th of January, nearly a month ago, I got a conditional
    I auditioned on the 20th December, when did you audition? Let me know when you hear back
    Well done! I heard back around the same time too. Got a conditional aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzo)
    OK
    The number of young people that apply massively out-weighs that of the number of older people. And while statistically more younger student may be offered places, In the real world more younger people also get knocked back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    Have you recieved an outcome?
    No I'm still waiting. I feel like I am stalking my postman! Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes tomorrow! Congrats on your place by the way! I've read your blog and I really admire it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nshevchenko)
    naa
    ich komme aus hamburg..ja blödes portfolio viel zu viel arbeit
    naaaa Welches Kurs möchtest du machen? Ich habe mich für Costume Interpretation beworben, nehe gerade mein finger zusammen lol portoflio drama!!!! When's your interview at Central again?

maybe if we both get in we could be house mates! haha!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.