Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rbarber.08)
    Same! It's amazing how fast they came through! congrats, is LIPA your first choice?
    x
    Yeah it is looks so good. Is it yours? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petecroft)
    Had my LIPA interview on Tuesday 15th. Got an offer on the 16th Theatre and Performance Technology.
    Same, WOO!
    No reason to be worried was there! :P xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petecroft)
    Had my LIPA interview on Tuesday 15th. Got an offer on the 16th Theatre and Performance Technology.
    I have to ask, as a SM student, what they class theatre and performance technology as??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chompers)
    AhHHHH WICKED
    yeah i did
    got my LIPA one today!!
    3 down 1 to go! xx
    yeaaaa! so amazing!
    oooh congrads! I applied for it to but I haven't heard back yet....they are all so annoying about the distance interviews....but I think i'm going to go with central anyway

what about you? whats your first choice? Central? If you do we should get intouch before then! xx

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Guildhall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peapod86)
    naaaa Welches Kurs möchtest du machen? Ich habe mich für Costume Interpretation beworben, nehe gerade mein finger zusammen lol portoflio drama!!!! When's your interview at Central again?

maybe if we both get in we could be house mates! haha!
    why not!
    drama,applied theatre and education...23rd!
    ich hab so angst vor der gruppendiskussion haha..wozu theater in der gesellschaft und in education undsowas..weißt du wo man dazu vll was findet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzo)
    OK
    IM JUST A NORMAL GUY - THOUGHT I WOULD APPLY TO
    TOP DRAMA SCHOOL FOR THE 3YR BA - THEY ALL SAY NO UPPER AGE LIMIT
    AND CHECK THE SCHOOL/S OUT BEFORE APPLYING - WELL I DID, AND GUESS
    WHAT - NO ONE OVER 30/35 UPPWARDS HAS EVER GAINED A PLACE IN ALL TOP SCHOOLS- ALL SCHOOLS SAY IT VERY RARE WHEN ONE APPLIES - I TRACKED DOWN THE MOST SENIOR TUTOR OF THE TOP SCHOOL AND THEY EMAILED ME BACK - EXACT WORDS - THANKS FOR YOUR EMAIL THE AVERAGE AGE INTAKE AT ------- IS AROUND18-23.THEY DO TAKE OLDER AND YOU CAN GET STUDENTS UP TO EARLY 30S .IN MY 20 YEARS THERE I DONT KNOW ANY STUDENTS EVER EXCEPTED OVER 40
    THIS WOULD BE COMMON IN ALL THREE YEAR BA COURSES.IF YOU WANT A COURSE FOR YOUR AGE GROUP U PROBABLY NEED TO GO FOR AN MA -HOPE THAT ANSWERS YOUR QUESTION ( CANT NAME THIS FAMOUS PERSON )
    NEXT DAY IM ON THE PHONE ASKING FOR MY AUDITION FEES BACK - THEY WHERE
    HORRIFIED AND ASKED ME TO GO AS THERE IS NO UPPER AGE LIMIT- I HAD THE DIRECTOR OF THE SCHOOL CALL ME IN PERSON SOME 40 MINS LATER AND LEFT A MESSAGE ON ANSWER MACHINE - CALLED THEM BACK NEXT DAY ON A DIRECT NUMBER AND HAD A LONG CHAT - ( all my calls are recorded ) THE DIRECTOR TOLD ME WHEN MY AUDITION DAY WAS AND WHO WAS GOING TO AUDITION
    ME MONTHS AGO -THEN IN THE CONVERSATION THE MD TOLD ME THE MINUTE YOU WALK IN THE AUDITION ROOM THAT THEY WILL KNOW IF YOU ARE SUITABLE FOR (THE SCHOOL INVOLVED ) MD WANTED TO KNOW PERSONS NAME WHO SENT EMAIL ?
    SENT EMAIL BACK TO THE FAMOUS TUTOR ...REPLY STATES .. YOU ASKED FOR THE TRUTH I TOLD YOU THE TRUTH SHAME ........? GOT SO DEFENSIVE AND CANT BE HONEST .(THAT WAS TWO EMAILS OF SIX )
    SO,FOR ALL YOU WANNABEES .....ITS ABOUT LOOKS AND NOT YOUR MONOS ETC ETC ....FOR ALL MATURE STUDENTS FORGET IT AS YOU ARE TOO OLD AS THERE
    NEVER HAS BEEN A MATURE STUDENT -- CHECK SPOTLIGHT BOOK OF GRADUATES
    OVER TWENTY YEARS ....I HAD A FAMOUS THEATRE EXPERT EMAIL ME AND HIS EXACT WORDS ARE....YOU APPEAR TO BE RIGHT ! CHECK ALL PAST GRADUATES
    ON THERE WEBSITES AGE,HEIGHT,AND ESPECIALLY LOOKS - SOUNDS LIKE A SELLING GAME FOR MODELS -
    I have a 45 year old man on my course..

ReputationRep:
    Hiya guys, I have a question for you. I'm going to be applying for next year to drama schools to study BA Acting, so right now I'm doing my search on each school and reading this thread and your choices I have to ask. What are your criterias or reasons for picking a particular drama school? Thanks

Ad the age topic. I'm 22 right now and I'm going to be applying for the first time next year. But I might be a bit different case, because I'm taking couple of gap years to master english, since it's not my first language and to study acting your english needs to be reeeeally good.

I believe age doesn't matter as long as you are able to study and keep up with everything.

ReputationRep:
    So i applied to RWCMD, RSAMD, RADA & Guildhall.

Offers from:
    RWCMD - ACC
    RSAMD - Unconditional - Accepted!
    RADA - Interview
    Guildhall - Interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chompers)
    i reckon that's my first choice too!
    Yeah, that's cool. Facebook? If you search for Chantelle Dyson, I'm the one with the B&W photo at the moment

xx
    Chompy it's youu!!! I do love it when I randomly join something and then find someone I know (it's Laura Eastwood here btw, no just some strange person pretending to know you!)

Anywayyy, I got into Guildhall on the Stage Management course so will be going there. If anyone else is going feel free to drop me a message

ReputationRep:
    I <3 Chompy

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an interview at RADA this Friday??
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random_penguins)
    Chompy it's youu!!! I do love it when I randomly join something and then find someone I know (it's Laura Eastwood here btw, no just some strange person pretending to know you!)

Anywayyy, I got into Guildhall on the Stage Management course so will be going there. If anyone else is going feel free to drop me a message
    well that was really weird til you said who you were. bex was reading this the other day and went to me 'Chompy, are you on student room?' as if Chompster wasn't a big enough give away!

totally having contemplations about my choices though. need to see how guildhall goes and then have a big think! x X X

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Exeter
    Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Exeter
    Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for RSAMD CPP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by j.cstan24)
    Has anyone applied for RSAMD CPP?
    YAY! have you applied?
    I'm currently there, if you need any info I'll be chuffed to help out

ReputationRep:
    Been accepted into LAMDA!!!! =D
    Eeek so excitedd.... Stage Management and Technical Theatree!! Anyone else been accepted there???
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

would very much appreciate some help! first things first im 19 and a girl, im at alra on a foundation course and im applying to ba acting courses at drama schools. eight to be precise!! anway, ive been doing my research and two things that have stuck out, contrasting pieces and a simple but good song!!

so question number one, anyone know of any fresh contemporary monologues (age range of 16 to late 20's) i dont want rape, murder, physco's. something, humorious, but not over the top, vunerable, excting, a bit different!!

next, im a low alto/contralto singer, my voice style is very amy winehouse, norah jones, ella fitzgerald, jazzy, bluesy. i'd love a good song bit of energy not to over the top as im doing acting not musical theatre.

any ideas would be much appreciated and i'll try and help anyone who needs help too!!!

thanks xxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had an interview for rada ttsm and heard anything? been waiting over a month and wondering what i've done wrong!!
    thankyouuuu x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.