University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by +epic
Got an unconditional for Business and Marketing

By the way, I attended the UWE from september 09 for a year (started an Architecture degree but didnt like it), so know a lot about the uni if anyone has any questions!

what didn't you like about the architecture course, out of interest?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by joepaget
what didn't you like about the architecture course, out of interest?

Oh it wasnt like it was badly taught or anything, I just realized that I didnt have the passion for it to be studying hard for 8 years. And because of that, I didnt enjoy it... I just realized I would be happier doing something else rather than putting so much pressure on myself to do something which everyone respected. And Im glad I did...I only waited a term to decide and now my mother thinks I cant hack anything, so imagine if I had waited a year before realizing it wasnt for me! Suddenly I have to start from scratch, just this time the only one I have anything to prove to is myself :smile:
I think i just got an offer from UWE my ucas application was processed 2dai and i just checked my email from uwe they gave me some welcome login details so i logged on clicked on my application and there it was conditional offer but i am really surprised as it was so quick that i am not sure if i do have an offer
Ahhh just had an Unconditional offer for Drama and English Lit, anyone else applying for Drama?
Reply 104
I'm applying for Graphic Design. I'm sending my application tomorrow.
I really like the look of UWE :smile:
Unconditional Offer for Drama two days after applying! Gonna change to Drama with Creative Writing though!
It's probably my first choice unless I audition at Drama Centre CSM, but not sure I can deal with doing an Acting course (nor afford it), PLUS I love the look of Bristol! :biggrin:
Reply 106
Good luck to all

Ive applied to UWE Economics with banking and finance.

Bristol is an amazing city but as ive always lived here UWE is my last choice.
Good luck to everyone applying, I'm hopefully going to do Nursing
Reply 108
Unconditional offer for International Relations and Politics, received the offer 1 day after my application was submitted :biggrin:
Reply 109
Unconditional offer for Sports Coaching :smile: Anyone else doing a Sports degree?
Reply 110
Conditional offer for Economics

Recieved after 2 days of applying
Reply 111
Original post by jimbles

Original post by jimbles
unsuccessful yesterday :frown:

What course did you apply for?
Reply 112
They gave me a 3B offer for Philosophy about a week ago, really quick turnover from my app to the offer :smile:. It's my only choice which isn't 3As so it's going down as insurance for sure. Pretty much got my heart set on the city and a few friends are at UWE already. Noone else applied for Philosophy?
Reply 113
Is anyone else doing Law. What do current Law students think of the faculty?
Reply 114
My offer was 280 UCAS points which I can get OK, and a Maths GCSE C, which I can't get

What are the odds of me getting in without the Maths GCSE?
Reply 115
I think it's roughly zero? If the conditions say 280 points and a C in maths, you'll need just that I believe.
Ive applied for and have an offer to study INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, Looks like quite a popular course choice!
Original post by jennnifernko
Ive applied for and have an offer to study INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, Looks like quite a popular course choice!

offer was?
Reply 118
if uwe is my insurance do i get to choose my accomindation? because i only really want to stay in marketgate if i go here :P
You guys are going to have an awesome time :smile: Bristol is such a beautiful city and I'm going to miss it when I leave...
if anyone wants to know anything about Bristol...club nights, cheap places to drink, taxi prices, nice parks, cheap gyms....then send me a PM some time!

Quick Reply