The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would call the police if someone walked into my pub with a loaded gun and tried to talk people into shooting themselves.
No thanks... I'm quite enjoying my life right now.
Reply 22
halfoflessthan50p
I would call the police if someone walked into my pub with a loaded gun and tried to talk people into shooting themselves.

Really? Ten million wouldn't sway you?
Yep, i'd play.
Reply 24
DH-Biker
Mate, if you want thrill and an adrenaline rush, get into Downhill Mountain Biking. :wink:
The chances of dying are significantly less... :cool:

Daaammnnn, that looks hella crazy, buh you wouldnt have a 4 in 5 chance of winning 20mil would you :wink:
Reply 25
No. I know what money gets you, and I'd rather live and have the opportunity to get it anyway rather than blow every opportunity I have on an odd of 1/5.
Has no one thought to just take the revolver and point it at the guy with the 10 mil and say 'now give me the money'??
I'd do it without a doubt.
Reply 28
I'd play the game. and lol @ mike that's very creative of you haha
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 29
mzmo
Daaammnnn, that looks hella crazy, buh you wouldnt have a 4 in 5 chance of winning 20mil would you :wink:

True, but at least any money you make from winning you'll be able to spend. :wink: Haha! Providing, of course, you get that 4 in 5. :wink:
Reply 30
Or better yet. I'd take the revolver spin it, and then attempt to shoot you. Since a revolvers spinner goes around each time you fire a round, empty or not, it will shift over to the next one. Could pull the trigger five times fast enough, once your dead, make off with the money.
I wouldn't do it, no matter how much was offered.
miike1234
Has no one thought to just take the revolver and point it at the guy with the 10 mil and say 'now give me the money'??

I'm not sure I'd want to get on the wrong side of a bloke who's able and willing to walk round with £10 million pounds and a loaded gun.
fire2burn
Really? Ten million wouldn't sway you?

I'm not sure I would do it even if it was 50:1 tbh.

I don't think £10m would change my life that much. I'm already very happy with how things are going.

I can't think what I would buy that would improve my life so much that I would actually risk killing myself over it. A car? a bigger house? quitting my job? I can't drive and I really like my job!
Reply 34
I couldn't do that to my honey.
fire2burn
You are sat at a table in the pub and a well dressed man places a brief case on the table. This brief case is filled with more money than you've ever seen before and you are offered a chance to win it. You check the notes and they are genuine and you are told the rules of the game.

You will be given a 5 shot revolver loaded with a single bullet, you are allowed to spin the cylinder before placing the revolver to your head, you will then be instructed to count down from 5, before squeezing the trigger. If you survive you will be awarded a cash prize of £10 million, and you will be offered a chance to play the game again should you so wish to gamble further.

If you die well that's it I'm afraid, game over, life over.

There's a 1 in 5 chance that you'll die, a 4 in 5 chance you'll survive and collect a significant amount of money.

You're handed the revolver, it is make your mind up time... Are you going to accept or decline?

I've put this scenario to several of my friends today and in every case when I asked someone who was male they said they'd go through with it, however only half of my female friends said they'd attempt it. I'm curious are guys more likely than girls to risk their life for financial rewards?

if the guy will play it with me then i'll forget about the cash
Reply 36
Rinsed
The reason Russian officers used to be able to get drunk and play this game without completely decimating their numbers is because the weight of the bullet means it is far more likely to end in a bottom position after the cylinder has been spun, as opposed to the firing position at the top.

Interesting
Probably not.

An interesting fact: I read once that the odds of the bullet being in the first chamber are very slightly lower than for any of the other chambers. So if I did play, I'd definitely go first.
Reply 38
I would. What's life without a bit of risk? You're going to die at some point and perhaps in a worse way, at least if you lose it'll probably be over very quickly and it won't bother you once you're dead.
Reply 39
Russian Roulette in Russian film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lfpWU6xIUo

Latest

Trending

Trending