Turn on thread page Beta

Nightmare Flatmate watch

Please keep anon - I don't want anyone to know it's me complaining.

Anyway she is so ******* unbearable!

She is very environmentally consious - which is fine - but she is just mental with it. She tries to ban all normal activity, running taps for washing up, playing music even taking ******* showers! She's always making snide, sarky comments and has even made a racist remark to one of my friends who had come round and hadn't even done anything.

She sees nothing wrong with going into everyones rooms, both whether they're in or not and unplugging charging phones, computers etc. On occasion she goes to the lengths of turning the electricity off at the mains (all the food in the fridge went off and we froze).

Today she has "issued a new rule" - lights off by the time it gets dark which I know no one will pay any attention to but it really is miserable living with her. I hate going home everyday.

Advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

She is very environmentally consious - which is fine - but she is just mental with it. She tries to ban all normal activity, running taps for washing up, playing music even taking ******* showers! She's always making snide, sarky comments and has even made a racist remark to one of my friends who had come round and hadn't even done anything.

She sees nothing wrong with going into everyones rooms, both whether they're in or not and unplugging charging phones, computers etc. On occasion she goes to the lengths of turning the electricity off at the mains (all the food in the fridge went off and we froze).

Today she has "issued a new rule" - lights off by the time it gets dark which I know no one will pay any attention to but it really is miserable living with her. I hate going home everyday.

Advice?
    R*port the FX out of her... and when you successfully gained another place.. spit at right at her face! Oh and don't forget to leave the tap water open before you leave

ReputationRep:
    Sucks to be you, kick her in the fanny?

ReputationRep:
    i would seriously have screamed at her by now, thats just psychotic and controlling, i'll call the men in white jackets to take her away.....?? how does she even think thats acceptable at home let alone living with someone!??!!!

ReputationRep:
    Switch things off after you use them?

ReputationRep:
    You should have moved in with men instead

ReputationRep:
    Only a ******* keeps the water running when doing the dishes...

ReputationRep:

Advice?
    This is ridiculous, can't you lock your rooms and tell your landlord about her turning the electricity off at the mains cos she should not be doing that.

Re the bit in bold: why are lights on when it's not dark and surely after dark is the most appropriate time to have the lights on?

ReputationRep:
    'lights off by the time it gets dark'

Surely that's the purpose of a light?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like she needs a good slap. I'd tell her to **** off.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to **** right off.
    If I were you I would absolutely insist she replaced food in the fridge.
    Then tell her to **** right off again.

This is so bad I'm not sure I believe it to be honest, but then, there are some crazy people out there.

ReputationRep:
    Omg that sounds like a landlady I used to live with, one time I was reading a book in my room and she opened the door and switched off my light wtf?! and when I was out she would come in and arrange my room lol! is this the same lady??!! I confronted her and at her bedroom door and basically told her off very angrily, it was christmas eve but it was the final straw, I then moved out the day after christmas day. I found a place very quickly luckily just down the road. Try to stay calm until you either look for another place and do what the other person said, spit on her face etc. or try explain how you're not happy with the conditions she is making you live with. Is there some sort of tenacy agreement and rules? because it definately not acceptable to live that way.. seems like she is very miserable and needs male attention lol

ReputationRep:
    What's the point in lights off when it gets dark?! Surely it should be the other way round- lights off during daylight, if any lights are going to be switched off at all.

Tell her that you can't respect her on this point and that it's just polite to leave people be.

ReputationRep:

Advice?
    i don't suppose there's anywhere else you could move, like another friend or anything? what do the other flatmates think? maybe if it really gets on your nerves, you could try joining forces with (if there are any) the other flatmates and confront her.
    hope you find some good replies before she starts banning laptops :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Tough break. The only thing i can suggest is to talk to her calmly and if that doesn't work show her that your angry bout it. No one has the right to control how you live, especially if your paying to live there.
    "even taking ******* showers"
    I bet she smells REAL bad.

ReputationRep:
    Throw all her stuff out and plant a vegetable patch in her room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazy smurf)
    Sucks to be you, kick her in the fanny?

ReputationRep:
    Report her to the landlord/university accommodation service pronto!

ReputationRep:
    Poop on her pillow :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Frankly I'd just run a bath and when she questions what it's for and why you didn't have a shower instead, push her in and hold her head down til she stops struggling.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.