Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hate the first five minutes of exercise, how can I stop feeling like vommitting ? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I play uni 1st team football. I can run for ages but the first 10 minutes I feel like I'm about to pass out. I feel like vomiting and passing out. Why and how do I stop this?

I can jog for ages but its the burst of speed then the seconds of breathless that get me.

I have a skipping rope, stationary bike and running shoes.

ReputationRep:
    Practice doing bursts of speed. Eat more maybe too? I usually feel nauseated when doing sports because I haven't eaten or drunk enough before.

ReputationRep:
    Drink lots of water. However, ONLY in sips and small mouthfuls. I've been biking with people and I've lost count of the number of people who've thrown up water from drinking it too hard.
    Practice setting your stamina point. Use your stationary bike and skipping rope, and go for small runs. Keep a pace, and if you feel like you're getting tired, lower the pace. If you feel too soft, quicken it.
    Eventually, your stamina will increase and you'll stop being breathless, and you'll likely not feel so sick.
    In addition, you may look into trying to force yourself to burp. It sounds obsurd, but often the feeling of sickness is usually trapped wind from intaking breath. Don't drink bubbly drinks, though. I made that mistake with Carbonated Water, and threw up fizz, basically. Hah!

Hope this helps mate. Most importantly, set yourself a pace.

ReputationRep:
    Your Warming up to quickly or exerting yourself too quickly, work into an action slowly, I know the feeling, dizzy, about to pass out, feel like your gonna throw up, I get it whenever we have a rubbish PE teacher (like the ICT teacher ) :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordtreize)
    I play uni 1st team football. I can run for ages but the first 10 minutes I feel like I'm about to pass out. I feel like vomiting and passing out. Why and how do I stop this?

I can jog for ages but its the burst of speed then the seconds of breathless that get me.

Hey

Yes warming up and stretching. And Sugar.

You may be anemic (lacking iron) so eat more red meat
    and if you're a vegetarian ... eat more spinach?

Hope this helps ya

ReputationRep:
    stop exercising - no more problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xurvi)
    Practice doing bursts of speed. Eat more maybe too? I usually feel nauseated when doing sports because I haven't eaten or drunk enough before.
    This. happens when i haven't ate/drank sufficiently before exercise

ReputationRep:

That sounds weird, I don't know anyone who has that...
    Go to the doctors and ask, it definitely isn't normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schreischrei)
    Hey

Yes warming up and stretching. And Sugar.

You may be anemic (lacking iron) so eat more red meat
    and if you're a vegetarian ... eat more spinach?

Hope this helps ya
    1)Had a blood test two weeks. Results were normal
    2)Usually exercise first thing in morning
    3) Never eat calorie dense meals
    4) Running with SHIN SPLINTS
    5)Try to exercise 5 times a week. Should be less but of a higher intensity. May gain weight but would probably be fitter???

2,3,4,5 are probably why I feel so out of it for the first ten minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Try to eat at regular times during the day to keep your blood sugar and metabolism and a constant level. Eg every 3 hours - 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 9pm. Also try some light stretching before you even start your warmup.

vomit? But seriously cut down the amounts of sessions and intensity and build yourself up.

ReputationRep:
    1)Had a blood test two weeks. Results were normal
    2)Usually exercise first thing in morning
    3) Never eat calorie dense meals
    4) Running with SHIN SPLINTS
    5)Try to exercise 5 times a week. Should be less but of a higher intensity. May gain weight but would probably be fitter???

2,3,4,5 are probably why I feel so out of it for the first ten minutes.
    Don't take my word on it as I may be wrong, but doing exercise after a night's fast is bound to make you feel bad I would think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xurvi)
    Don't take my word on it as I may be wrong, but doing exercise after a night's fast is bound to make you feel bad I would think
    I think so too.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.