Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm first year at Lincoln university and i'm having second thoughts.
    I'm getting depressed and constantly thinking of home and I can't concentrate on my lectures or anything else. I have tried to connect with people and talk to them but I feel out of place with the people here and the acctual city. I'm going home to talk to my mum about the whole thing.

I would like to go to my local uni and see if the trasaction is easier. I just don't want to feel like i'v given up ar my family and friends feel like that but I am miserable.

Please help.

ReputationRep:
    ok... so??
    you people need to stop creating random threads, for real...

where do you need help? talk to your mother and see. no-one else can make the choice for you :s

ReputationRep:
    Give it more time.

I think I've seen at least a dozen of these threads already.

You cannot possibly know whether to drop out or not this early on. So don't be a quitter.
    Stick it out until Christmas, or November at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    I think its natural to feel like this your first time away from home.. if you need to go see your mum for a couple of days to regroup then do that but I think it is too early to be thinking about quitting yet.. have you joined any clubs or societies? Quite aside from being a good way to make friends they are a good distraction from homesickness!! I suspect your uni offers free counselling too, if you are feeling depressed maybe you should talk to them? They will be objective and may have some good advice on how to settle yourself into university life more comfortably.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advise guys. ^^ I'm going to try and stick it out for a couple more weeks, hopefully till Christmas and then make my choice.

Do we think that would be a more rational decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizzy19)
    Thanks for the advise guys. ^^ I'm going to try and stick it out for a couple more weeks, hopefully till Christmas and then make my choice.

Do we think that would be a more rational decision?
    yes - good decision. i've just moved to a new uni too. not feeling that great about it so far, but society meeting start next weeek so i'm looking forward to that!

ReputationRep:
    It's just the feeling of constantly waking up and immediatly feeling depressed. I was in a seminar today and I had a chat with some of my classmates, but I felt like crying all through the lesson. I don't want to feel like this all the time, but thats whats happening. I don't mind moving away from home, I seriously think that it's the university that I don't like. :/

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.