Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I went out with my ex girlfriend for 2 years and 6 months. I'm not going to lie and say our relationship wasn't perfect, but we had our good moments and our bad moments. But we had one issue and that was trust. She trusted me and because I was stupid I became a flirt and she would always find out. I'm not the most trusting guy in the world because I was scared of losing her, I made the effort to trust her. And everything became aright.
    Now one Friday we both had plans to go out with different people, and something led to an argument. Before she went out she told me she loves me, but I was stupid and ignored her. Then on Saturday I woke up and read a message where she was crying and saying she and a boy mate kissed.
    I was okay about it because I was trying to make it work. I gave her time to sort herself out, and she said she wanted to leave me.

We had some space and we went to have a heart to heart and there and then she said she didn't want to change her mind because trust is an issue. I looked her in the eye and asked 'Is anything going on between you two?' And she replied 'No' So now I'm giving her space, I later found out through messages that she is actually going out with this guy! Like they went to dinner and kissed more And are now a couple!
    So I tried to win her back and I left a bunch of flowers outside her house, and told her not to tell the boy. And she did and didn't even thank me for it!

Now I've been pouring my heart out to her best friend. And her best friend doesn't like the boy and noticed that she has changed ever since her and the boy hung out. Like ignoring the best friend, and treating me like rubbish. Then I find out the boy has a reputation of being a big flirt.

Now I still love my ex .. And I don't want my ex to be hurt by this new boy. The bestfriend is seeing my ex on Monday to have a heart to heart and say that my ex treated me unfairly and that my ex has changed into everything she hates .. But what should I do? : (

Half of me wants to stay and sort everything out and try to change her back .. The other half thinks that I should just let her go and hopefully she would realise that she made a mistake ..
    I do apologise it's a long problem : /

ReputationRep:
    It's over. She's not even a very nice person evidently.

ReputationRep:
    Let her go
    She doesn't sound very nice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.