Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive been advised by a few teachers to apply for oxford law but i really dont think i stand a chance :/ i had 3 As at As and 2 Cs and am expected to get 3 As at A-level, ive taken my LNAT but should i even bother. of course id love to have the chance to go but i feel stupid applying for something that i have no chance in getting ?

ReputationRep:
    Believe in yourself, if you don't apply you will never know. Good luck.

well if you aren't, there is always scunhtorpe met

ReputationRep:
    Give it a go and you never know.

Wow that sounds great-it rhymes. IM SO AWESOME!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Why do you think you have no chance? Many prospective Oxford applicants doubt their own ability, it is normal. It is hard to discuss whether you should apply without a bit more info, but your teachers actually know you, so their opinion should go for more anyway. OK the CC is not ideal but Oxford don't require 5 subjects anyway; which ones are you taking to A2?

The important questions are whether you like the look of the Oxford course, and are really enthusiastic about law and motivated to study it at a high level for three years.

ReputationRep:
    You should go for it. Through Ucas you can apply for multiple unis anyway, but what are Oxford gonna do apart from accept/reject you. It can't hurt to try and it sounds like your on your way to get good grades anyways so you must be more confident!

ReputationRep:
    You've got 5 choices so might aswell give it a go

ReputationRep:
    im taking Law, History and english lit forward to A2. but i think i might go for it il never know unless i try i guess

University open days

1. University of Oxford
    All undergraduate colleges and departments Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.