Turn on thread page Beta

Takeaways - which of these two cuisines do you prefer? watch

• View Poll Results: Takeaways - which do you prefer?
    Chinese
    57.76%
    Indian
    42.24%

ReputationRep:
    I've been curious about this for a while. The most popular two foreign cuisines in Britain are probably Indian and Chinese (not counting burgers/pizza places). If you had to pick one of the two, which would you prefer? I'd go for Chinese every time, because I can't stand hot spices like chilli. I've always thought curries would be lovely if they didn't have to ruin them with the hot spices.... Also, chinese meals tend to have more vegetables included.

Edit: I know there are more takeaway cuisines than those two, but I'm interested in how the two most popular Asian ones in Britain compare, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    Two choices? How sheltered.

"Spices like chilli"? Heared of a Korma?

You're pretty one track minded.

ReputationRep:
    Indian! love it, beats Chinese hands down

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo difficult! I love a good curry from an Indian but i also love sweet and sour chicken and noodles. hmmmmmmmm if i had to pick though it'd be Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    Indian then again my step dad chinese so i see the stuff you call chinese as cheap crap
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Chinese. Really not a big fan of Indian food :nah:

ReputationRep:
    Chinese. Can't stand Indian.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. I'm not a fan of spicy food, but a well cooked Korma is amazing. Saying that, it's probably the only thing I like from an Indian, whereas I like lots of Chinese food, so I'll say Chinese.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Chinese! I love Indian, I do, but it just can't beat Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    Indian. Love spicy food

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThinkingThoughts)
    Two choices? How sheltered.

"Spices like chilli"? Heared of a Korma?

You're pretty one track minded.
    No, I'm not sheltered, I am aware there are many more cuisines than those two. I personally prefer Turkish or Moroccan to either of them. But Indian and Chinese are much more common, and I was interested in which would come out in front if viewed as rivals.

Also, yes I have heard of, and tried korma. I know that there are many more spices that are hot, chilli just happened to be the first that sprung to mind. I know some curries are extremely mild, but I appear to be super sensitive and just can not like the sensation of spicy heat on my tongue. Sorry. I can detect heat in even the mildest of curries.

ReputationRep:
    Chinese!
    You can't beat black bean sauce, special fried rice, sweet and sour pork, spicy noodles and dumplings :P

Indian, then Turkish. :drool:

ReputationRep:
    depends my mood

chicken korma or salt and peppared stredded chrispy chicken

ReputationRep:
    Chinese =] shrimp chow mein..nom!

ReputationRep:
    Chinese & Lebanese, hmmmm sharwarma :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Chinese, out of those options. Wouldn't really go for either tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Chinese but I'd prefer Thai

ReputationRep:
    Chinese - I prefer the greater variety.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.