Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Takeaways - which of these two cuisines do you prefer? Watch

• View Poll Results: Takeaways - which do you prefer?
    Chinese
    57.76%
    Indian
    42.24%

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Chinese, i enjoy their food much more, and spicy food is icky for me

ReputationRep:
    Chinese! Much more variety, plus a good chicken chow mein is possibly one of the best foods on this Earth.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer chinese cuisine. However, being half chinese myself I can make a better (also healthier) chinese meal than a takeaway anyday. I'd be more likely to order an indian because although I can cook a damn good curry it takes a while to make, plus I don't really know how to make the different kinds of curry as well as a takeaway!

ReputationRep:
    A big fat dirty curry beats a chinese take away anyday.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, I want some chow mein noodles now

ReputationRep:
    Chinese! Indian food is good when you don't have it that much but chinese is just :sogood:.

I've been craving chicken chow main, rice and prawn crackers all day, I just wish my fave chinese take-away was near halls! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Indian, with plenty of beer. :sogood: I love spicy food. Chinese is way too bland for me.

ReputationRep:
    Indian all the way for me! Chinese food goes straight through me and I just generally prefer Indian food. Gah, want!

ReputationRep:
    Indian, but then again I'm kinda culturally biased lol. :p:

And btw, what all of you have eaten as a 'korma' isn't even an Indian or South-Asian dish. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I love both Chinese and Indian, so it all depends on whichever craving I happen to be having...

ReputationRep:
    Out of those two, Chinese every time. I hate curries. I do love naan breads and Indian sweets, but the latter I never see sold in Indian restaurants/takeaways. Kheer (Indian rice pudding) is gorgeous as well, but I had that in India; I've never seen it on offer in Britain.

From other cuisines, I'd say Turkish or Moroccan, or Vietnamese/Thai/Malaysian (not the curries though.) I love Italian and most Greek food as well, but you don't really see those in takeaway form (aside from pizza).

ReputationRep:
    it's a toughie to be honest...
    It depends on the place, some places round here do delicious curry whilst others offer the same but it isn't half as good.
    As i'm not a fan of really spicy things, i'll go with chinese. Satay sticks... seaweed... chow mein... crispy beef... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    It's quite hard to find really good chinese food - so often just fried rubbish covered in jam. Good chinese beats most indian food, but indian beats bad chinese. better still, make it at home.

ReputationRep:
    Chinese :adore:

ReputationRep:
    We will artificially make this poll biased towards Indian cuisine.

You guys haven't tasted palak paneer.

ReputationRep:
    i dunno
    you see i love curries but i also love noodles
    however a fish supper wrapped in a naan bread is also amazing so therefore indian food is involved in two different amazing types of takeaway whereas chinese food is only involved in one
    going by the ratios indian food must be better, but i like noodles more than i like curries

ReputationRep:
    where takeways concerned probably a nice chow mein or shredded chicken so chinese

however going out for a meal then id say indian - a real Indian not a takeaway style indian resutrant

ReputationRep:
    Fish and chips. :turban:

Out of those two, Chinese. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Chicken, **** the stereotypes.

ReputationRep:
    Indian all the way, no question.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.