Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, I'm going to see a GP tomorrow about Phimosis. I have it quite severely (from what I read) and had figured it was about time I did something about it.

But I'm really scared about going to see the GP (I know, I need to man up); I did ask for a male doctor but I don't know who he is cause I've never seen him before.

Will I actually have to, ahem, show him my problem, or can I just describe it to him? I know this sounds stupid, but like, I have no reason to know in advance exactly how it works do I?

I'm terrified I'm, for no apparent reason, going to get an erection or something and it will just be one huge embarassing scene.

Anyways, just letting off some of my nervousness. . . .

You will need to show him, i would imagine. Its part of his career to see peoples bits, he sees them everyday most likely, so if he sees yours, its no big deal.

I remember seeing doctors in the past re problems down there and i was anxious about getting it out, but i realised i had to to make diagnosis/treatment possible/easier.

What age are you?

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I figured I'd probably have to show him; as you say, it makes diagnosis easier.

I'm twenty.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.