Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Bangor or Oxford Brookes for Psychology?
    My predicted grades= A*AA
    Which is best in your opinion?

I do not know what Bangor is like.......ive never been before, but its higher then Oxofrd Brookes on the league table

ReputationRep:
    Bangor.

ReputationRep:
    With no disrespect to either of the universities mentioned, with A*AA predicted, why aren't you going for something a little higher up the rankings?

ReputationRep:
    Not Oxford Brookes. My first thought was also aim higher!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midpikyrozziy)
    With no disrespect to either of the universities mentioned, with A*AA predicted, why aren't you going for something a little higher up the rankings?
    Well im applying to Cambridge & others, but i need an Insurance university and my GCSE maths is only a grade C, which all the top uni's hate

ReputationRep:
    With your grades I am surprised that you acknowldge even mere existence of these universities.

ReputationRep:
    Don't waste your money on these joke universities.

ReputationRep:
    Bangor! The Psychology department here is actually really good (compared to other similar universities.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_13th)
    With your grades I am surprised that you acknowldge even mere existence of these universities.
    My GCSE Maths is holding me back unfortunately Im not too good at maths....

but anyway one of these 2 will just be my insurance choice...

ReputationRep:
    Bangor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    why?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Bangor is a decent place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairelou92)
    why?:confused:
    Because a degree from them is worhtless.

Unlike GCSE's which have only a few examination boards for the entire country, none being better than the other, the quality of a degree comes down to your grade and the university it is from.
    Both those two uni's are usless, and Bangor I know is full of socially inept retards. Y'know that kid who smells so bad he stinks out entire rooms? Or the kid that is so pale he must actively walk in shadows & keep his curtains shut?Yeah, that's the kind of person who goes to Bangor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ReddDraggon)
    Bangor is a decent place
    No, it no subject is it regarded a decent place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Have you actually studied Psychology at Bangor before? If not then don't say crap like this ever again. I spent the first year of my degree in Bangor and I can tell you that it's excellent for Psychology. It's also reputable for Business, Accounting and Finance, Sports Science and Nursing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bruce_t89)
    Have you actually studied Psychology at Bangor before? If not then don't say crap like this ever again. I spent the first year of my degree in Bangor and I can tell you that it's excellent for Psychology. It's also reputable for Business, Accounting and Finance, Sports Science and Nursing.
    Why did you leave then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    No, it no subject is it regarded a decent place.
    I said Bangor was a decent place, I made no mention of the university.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you leave then?
    Needed to be closer to London due to problems back at home and nightlife is pretty dead in Bangor.

ReputationRep:
    I said Bangor was a decent place, I made no mention of the university.
    ...Yeah a dingy Welsh tiny city is a decent place compared to, say, Mogadishu, but not to most other cities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bruce_t89)
    It's 34 for Psychology making it one of the leading non-redbricks for psychology, but that's still not exactly very good, and certainly not worth the tuition fees. It's 46 for Business and management studies.
    For nursing it's 14 & 6 for sports studies, which is basically where the decent red bricks stop offering the courses because they are mickey-mouse degrees.

So instead of saying childish comments like "Don't say crap like this ever again" how about you do your research before going to a university? Though of course if you had that level of intelligence I'm sure you wouldn't have gone to Bangor...Just a thought.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.