• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Asteroids

ReputationRep:
    First game ever played - Jet Set Willy

First game I loved - Oddworld: Abe's Odyssee

ReputationRep:
    No idea what the first games I played were, so here's a few old ones I loved.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Hm, it would probably be Heart of Darkness or Knights and Merchants, both on pc.

I still play Knights and Merchants, very tricky and time consuming but theres something incredibly special about it.

ReputationRep:
    For me, it would have to be one of the super-pixelated Amiga classics: The Chaos Engine, Zool, Shadow of the Beast, Leander...

...because I am ancient :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    A game called Silver made by Infogrammes - essentially an anime action/adventure game. Not particularly lengthy; fairly linear but the dialogue had a certain charm to it.
    Combat system had a hack 'n' slash mechanics. This has a certain appeal for most 7 year olds and it got me hooked immediately.
    Of course, it's probably not a great game by today's standards; indeed, it would probably be considered rather mediocre.
    I just remembered this game then I saw your post; Silver was epic! I could never get it to work on anything more recent than Windows 98 though, I think

ReputationRep:
    The first game I ever played was... some game on the Sega Megadrive about a ginger kid in overalls who punched dragons in the face, played ching chang chong with deformed bird-men, and collected rocks. I forget what it was called.

The first game I ever loved was Zelda: A Link to the Past on the SNES.

ReputationRep:
    deus ex.

ReputationRep:
    My first game and first love was probably the first Spyro game out on PS1. I still play it for the nostalgia sometimes, I have it loaded on my PSP. The original Insomniac Spyro games are still really enjoyable years later - I can't say the same about any of the recent ones :/

ReputationRep:

'Twas amazing :yep:

ReputationRep:
    First game: Sonic the Hedgehog on the Megadrive

First love: Has to be MGS 2 on the PS2

Honorably mentions go to GTA3, MGS1 and the first Champ manager I played (98/99 i think!)

ReputationRep:

playing this as a little child made me the well rounded adult I am today

ReputationRep:

First game I ever played , 1995 or something, I remember loading up the DOS. Amazing

ReputationRep:
    first game was probably sonic on the sega
    but i loved crash bandicoot and spyro. wasted so much time playing those
    and i'd go to my neighbours house all the time just to play abe's odyssee

ReputationRep:
    masturbation...

ReputationRep:
    First proper love has gotta be runescape

ReputationRep:
    Cluedo and I'm unbeatable!

ReputationRep:
    1)Great Giana sisters or Superfrog on Amiga, probably.

2)Pokemon Blue

Christ, I'm old.

ReputationRep:
    Lemmings, it came on floppy disk!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 5, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.