Turn on thread page Beta

The first game you ever played & loved. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Sonic, woo! And then Crash Bandicoot shortly after that.

ReputationRep:
    First game:

First love:

ReputationRep:
    Goldeneye on the N64.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonPi)
    First, Commander Keen -Keen Dreams on a Windows 3.1. I would be delighted if someone knows of this!
    You were a latecomer to the series then I remember the Keen series fondly!

ReputationRep:
    First game:

First love:

ReputationRep:
    The first game I ever played was Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Mega Drive. The first game I think I ever properly loved would probably be Crash Bandicoot 3:Warped for the PS1, that game was an absolute classic.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    First game: Monkey island 1 (PC) or lemmings cant remember

First love: Sam and max hit the road (PC)

Other notable mentions:
    Rayman 1
    Mickeys Wild adventures
    Crash Bandicoot (All PS1)

ReputationRep:
    Kiss Catch and Postmans Knock. As in real games. In a playground....?

ReputationRep:
    First game played either: sonic 2, shinobi, columns, streets of rage or alladin. All on sega

first love: sonic 2 on the mega drive with my cousin (i was always tails)

notable mentions

gameboy colour: pokemon yellow
    ps: croc, tekken, spyro, zena, gran turismo, tomb raider, rayman, crash bandicoot (especially crash team racing), unholy war. oh and toy story and hercules.
    ps2: GTA 3, army men 3d, medieval, medal of honor.

Im actually really emotional right now. It's just hit me that my childhoods gone

also tony hawk
    another edit: golden axe

oh oh and what was that game with the beach ball that goes round the maze type place? EDIT: KULA WORLD

ReputationRep:
    My first console was a Phillips CD-I, with games like Mad Dog McRee which you could play with a lightgun. The game didn't have graphics but was more like an interactive film where when you shot someone (cowboy game) it would just show a clip of them dying, was pretty cool really! and Lemmings.

On my old Mac in the 90s I was into Bub and Bob, Lucas Arts games like The Dig and Full Throttle are particularly memorable.

Onto the Playstation, favourite game was (still is) Legend of Dragoon (epic).
    Metal Gear Solid 1. Driver 1 and Driver 2. Abe's Odyssey. First game I got for it was Tomb Raider which I remember being scared ******** of (8 years old at the time).

I particularly remember some demos on the PSone i used to get with magazines (too poor to buy games) things like Tombi, Hogs of war, wish I could remember more!

Used to play Runescape (classic) back in 2001, was really good at the time but I regret how long I spent on that thing. Went back to it a few times. Also played Habbo hotel in the same year (LOL) Was fun being 10 years old.

A bit later on games like Star Wars KOTOR, Halo 1, Vice city I have fond memories of. Morrowind. Super Smash Bros, Deus Ex.

Flash forward to the present. I see a major lack of good games, I think developers have forgotten what games are supposed to be about and there's no passion anymore. Developers are just interested in the gameplay, graphics and whatever but I'm always interested in games with a brilliant story or a world to explore. Nothing recently has captured the inner child within me. I'm wondering whether it's just because i'm older games just don't excite me in the way they used to, kind of sad really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    First love:
    Herculade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amime)
    Herculade
    :jumphug: :five:

ReputationRep:
    My Dad started bringing home the Macintosh from work when I was about 2. I instantly fell in love with a game called 'Torpedo Boat'. Another awesome game was 'Pyramid'. Be damned if I can find them anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Golden Axe and Streets of Rage. My Mums a legend, she used to get these games without me asking her.

ReputationRep:
    First game was probably Kirby's dreamland. Can't remember whether the first game I loved was Warioland 2 or Alpha Centauri, which I didn't understand entirely but still loved.

ReputationRep:
    Tekken, Crash Bandicoot, Apocalypse, Command & Conquer games, Mortal Kombat and a few others I can't remember right now.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon red man, those were the days....

ReputationRep:
    First game: Difficult to remember. I think the very first ones were on the old cassette consoles. Perhaps Super Mario or something like that. Or there was an old computer game with a streetcat. Can't really remember much about it.
    First love: Tank 1990

I think what intrigued me about it was the feature of building your own levels.

OH! Duck Hunt was also a big favourite. Also one of the firsts.

ReputationRep:
    First game: First Love:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 5, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.